audiobahn 12's and xplod amp...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dannycam, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Dannycam

Dannycam New Member

good mix???

400 watt rms speakers

and 1000 watt xplod amp....

2. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

They both are of low quality.

3. DaveyD

DaveyD Fuck Ohio State, son

Xplod ftl.

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

:rofl:

that's all i have to say

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

avoid circuit city.

ok. if ALL you want is to go boom boom, but you can do better. even at circuit city. go with kickers

6. Ronin

Ronin Guest

yeah if ur going pure bass kicker is prolly ur best bet with no regards to SQ, their better models get loud with a bit of cleanliness to them but still not comparable to the smooth poundings of the more SQ oriented subs ie w7, idmax, etc

7. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

Tell that to the NUMEROUS people who have placed first in officially sanctioned SQ Competitions using Kicker subwoofers ;)...

Just stating a fact. :)

Oh, and...

PS:
    So you've heard the W7, IdMAX, AND Every single subwoofer of Kicker's entire line of subwoofers? And... in comparable boxes/installs...? Sweet...

8. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

actually, i've heard W7's in many enclosures. and used to be a kicker dealer, so yeah i've heard those too. never heard an ID sub ever. ever. i've never heard a JL sub that impressed me besides old W6s and W0s. Jack and Larry can't build a sub that I like for some reason.

9. Ronin

Ronin Guest

:hsugh:

ive heard the W7, IDMAX and kicker subs in different situations

i doubt many people can say theyve heard every sub in the same vehicle or similar vehicles for that matter (many reviewers often review subs in different settings even and thats their job :ugh: not to mention the fact of multiple reviewers etc etc, im taking into account a lot of hom theater reviews as well), so suck my fucking dick, not to mention SQ is highly subjective due to differing listening tastes, so take my cock and shove it in the back of ur throat u annoying bastard. instead of constantly trying to correct and one up people over stupid irrelevant shit u should focus on not being a bitch about everything.

i dont give a shit what contests kicker won. there are different classes etc etc, it doesnt mean kicker won on sound quality alone. :ugh: :ugh:

if its all in the isntall i doubt this guy is going to be running a highly acoustically calibrated vehicle, let alone a perfectly made and ideal box for the given application or have an optimal acoustic vehicle to provide better blah blah blah, so on and so forth, i think in a typical install for SQ or SQL there are better options than kicker. and i think many people will agree with me.

eat me seriously

i dont like the sq of kickers

/the end

i could careless if twistid gets mad at me, ngsm is a fucking bitch and everybody knows it

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2006
  10. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

Dude, you're just all butthurt b/c you WERE the "cool shit" or whatever around here. Then I came on, with more EXPERIENCE/Knowledge than you... and have put you in your place twice thus far...

As far as the competitions, YES... it does mean kicker won on SoundQuality... that is the class, SOUND QUALITY.

I don't give a shit about HT reviews, is that what we're talking about?

Instead of acting like a 15year old, why don't you GROW THE FUCK up... and quit whining. You yourself said you have jack shit in your vehicle... pretty sweet you've heard all these subs. I doubt you've heard even ONE of each...

That's cool that you don't like Kicker subs... I don't necessarily recommend them to everyone either. Are there better/comparable options? Yes... but to say that all of their subwoofers have horrible SQ is ABSOLUTELY ABSURD. Complete and utter bullshit, an incorrect stereotype, or old wive's tale AT BEST.

So, in conclusion... grow up. Quit talking about your little pee-pee in an immature way, and possibly ADDRESS my assertions and try to factually dispute them with evidence or real-life personal experience...

Hit me up when you gain about 4-5years on your maturity level... :fawk: :hsd: :sadwavey:

11. Ronin

Ronin Guest

:rofl:

i like how you make assumptions about people you have no idea about

before i posted about the SQ competition classes, i researched it, they often judge on install jobs as part of their criteria

i didnt say kicker= horrible SQ, i said its ur best bet for SPL without regards to SQ, so if ur not worried about SQ, kicker is a good option, and keep in mind i said their upper models have cleanliness but for SQ others are
    better.

you made a large assumption off me after i gave a highly basic statement to a guy who was considering audiobahn + xplod, give me a reason why i should get technical with him? id rather use some terminology and generalizations then throw some stuff at him hed have to look up or not understand, the fact you even made an assumption about me goes to show how much of a fucking dick you are and doing that to a frequent poster of this board is a good way to get you nowhere.

Keep in mind i have remained pretty friendly with the people of this board as most can attest to.

HT review reference was to illustrate how when people compare things it is hard for it be in a perfect system of balance, not many people can take a tahoe (use for reference is all) and put every sub in it and listen, not to mention amp combos and the fact their are many many other factors that will differ how you hear something, depending on how something sounded before the current test, whether or not the test is blind with knowledge of brand/model, so on and so forth, I think SQ judging is flawed, there is no science to it, it is based on the judges beliefs as to what he/she may think sounds good.

u talk to me about maturity but ur the one on this board with the shittiest atittude ive ever seen, its not the fact i dont like u because u can prove me wrong, i dont like you because u think ur superior to everyone else.

i dont care if u have put me in my place, the reason i post in this section is to try to help people and often ask for assistance myself, i dont care if uve been in audio longer than me, that doesnt excuse your horrible demeanor.

If you think I'm the only person who feels this way about you, you are wrong.

This is a small bunch of people in here, so quit acting like a bitch or :gtfo:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2006
  12. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

Exactly. JL is HIGHLY overpriced/overrated... I've had near a dozen subs in my vehicle with SQL capabilities superios to the almighty W7...

13. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

I make assertions about the way you act on the internet... it's the internet for christ sakes. Researching information is cool, but that seems to be the extent of your knowledge... I'm just saying REAL LIFE experience is worlds better...

So, make up your mind... which is Kicker? Through my experiences in installing them, building enclosures for them, and even occasionally selling them... there subs are great for SQL... with the enclosure playing the largest role on which side of the spectrum it leans towards... SQ or SPL. I personally don't find any need to use their subs in my vehicle, but they're a good option for most people.

PS: At least the above reply was WORLDS more mature, thanks for not resorting to storys about your pee-pee... and other gay shit ;)

14. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i agree they are over priced but they are decent, i think the one i heard was in an undersized box although i could be wrong, it was on a 1000/1

15. Ronin

Ronin Guest

u should read my edit

16. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

Wow, edit like 50 times? ;)

I still don't see how my polite comment provoked you to reply in such way anyways. Seems like your the one who replied with hostility in the first place. Everything could have been EASILY taken care of in a friendly manner.

Only thing I try to do, is generally get people the best they can get for the amount of money they have to spend.

As I've stated before, I'm a sarcastic person. It's hard to portray tone of voice and such on the internet... so chill out. I don't need internet friends from OT.com, it's not a necessity in my life. If I end up learning shit, making a few acquiantances here... then so be it. But don't waive that little "e-cool" flag at me b/c I don't fit in the circle here... I enjoy the largest/most highly trafficked car audio site I'm from. But like I said, I'm not sure why you have this hard-on towards everything I say... and get butt-hurt when I post something that disagrees with the norm here... there shouldn't be a norm.

So, chill. You're cool enough... why "e-argue" ? I'm fine, so on with forum life as normal?

17. Ronin

Ronin Guest

:hsugh:

you are obviously missing it

18. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

sarcastic

• adjective marked by or given to using irony in order to mock or convey contempt.

what you do though is take jabs... it's not sarcasim, there's a lot of sarcasim on OT... you might want to look around, to see how to be sarcastic... if you're going to keep trying to use the "i'm sarcastic" defense... currently you're just rude, and condescending(displaying a patronizingly superior attitude).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  19. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Sorry, but I disagree. I put a JL 10W1v2-4 in my Tundra because it was the only sub I could find that met my space requirements. Sounds awsome. I've also used a JL 12W0-4 that I was pleased with. Both were powered by a JL e1200 monoblock that I have nothing but good things to say about. Total price was $100 for the sub (10W1v2-4) and $150 for the amp -- not bad at all.

For the 99% of us that want to hear our music, have it sound good, and don't care about blowing someone's windows out, JL is one of the best locally-available brands, imho. Key words being locally available.

For online orders, I like Elemental Designs subs. I had an e12o that was very nice. I hear their v2 subs are even better.

20. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

Don't get me started on eDuh...

But yeah, JL is good QUALITY... but there NON-entry level stuff is WAY overpriced... and there are TONS of other option that are AS good or better for half the price ;)...

21. DaveyD

DaveyD Fuck Ohio State, son

My vote is for some Rampage Subs, and a Rampage amp. :cool:

22. Justin Niggalake

Justin Niggalake New Member

JLs for the win. w1s fit nicely in trucks and sound great.

we have a 13w1v2-4 set up in a custom ported box on display at work (i work at cartoys btw) and that sub sounds fucking fantastic. maybe i'm a little biased though.

mtx subs hit nicely too, but i just like the overall sound of JL

23. darkslayer

darkslayer There is more to life than increasing its speed.

Did you buy them already or are you just asking?
    What are you looking for sq, sql, spl? And can you buy from the internet?

24. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

straight outta Target FTW... :rofl:

25. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

Of course, I think we can ALL agree on that ;)...