Audio & Video Problems!! PLS HELP!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ranoa, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Ranoa

Ranoa One more time.

Hey everyone,

I'm just having a few problems with my Audio and Video and I really need some help.

What's happening:

When playing graphic demanding games, I lose audio, the audio starts to go 'crackly' and sometimes completely fades away. When it completely fades away, my computer generally hits a blue screen of death and restarts by itself. Then I'd have to reinstall audio drivers, restart, then it'd work again.

My video on the other hand, when I play graphically demanding games (BF2, Oblivion, C.O.D2 etc...) I get green flickering in game, i'd have to generally restart the game and it'll be fine again, but it'd come back within the next 5 mins... If I don't restart the game, the green flickering becomes so bad that sometimes it just gives me the blue screen and restarts my computer similar to the audio problem.

What i'm running:
    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Mobo
    2 x Leadtek 6600GT in SLI.

I've got all the latest Nforce and Nvidia drivers installed for the Mobo. I'm currently using the Nvidia Audio driver, although I was using Realtek drivers initially, but it still caused the same problem anyway.

With the graphics problem, i've downloaded RivaTuner and tried to underclock my graphics cards significantly, which sort of led to a longer time span before the green flickering would start again.

1 thing I noticed though is that my graphics card are fairly hot. I'm not sure if this is the problem,and if you do think it is the problem, how would I fix it so as to allow the fans on the GFX cards to run cooler.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

2. Ranoa

Ranoa One more time.

Bump!

3. Ranoa

Ranoa One more time.

No one can help? :wtc:

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Run the Asus monitor to check temps. Heat could be an issue. Power could be an issue, check your voltages. Run one instance of Prime95 for each core on your machine, and set the affinity so each instance runs on only one core. If you have a single-core machine, that's easy -- just run Prime95. I recommend the "Blend Test". Run Memtest86 to check the memory. It needs to complete SEVERAL passes. One or two is not sufficient. Also run 3dMark05. Stress the video card. I recommend this as the last step.

You should fail one of those tests and we can figure out whats wrong from that data.

Heat / Power should be your first concern. If this is the real cause, you could have false-positives on other tests... So address this first.

CPU / Memory should be next priority. Prime95 will fail on bad CPU cache, thermal issues, bad memory, bad socket, bad controller, driver issues... So address as many of these first, before trying Prime95.

Video card should go last. Faulty VRAM can be mis-diagnosed if you have not investigated thermal issues, or any CPU/Memory problems.