AUDIO PROBLEMS!! NEED HELP!! baaah!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Coco Monkey, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

So i built a computer, everything works well. EXCEPT when it plays cd's, or tries to burn a cd onto the hard drive. We try using a third party program to put a cd on the hard drive, and the music plays at like 50%, so everything is slllllooooooowwwww..

So alright, no problem. Jump into windows media player, and do the same thing. And AGAIN, same results.

Pop a cd in the cd-rom, let it play.. and it runs fine, UNTIL you fast forward in the track, or switch to another song. then it plays at 50%.

I've never run into this problem before, nor have i ever heard of a problem like this even existing. I dont know what it can be. :rant2: I dont think its the on board audio card, cause it plays other programs that utilize audio fine, 100%, such as mpegs and whatnot.

ANY help at all would be great guys. Is the cd-rom is shot, or is it some kinda software conflict? :dunno:

2. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

Sounds like CD-Rom is dead to me.

3. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

damnit!! thats what i get for buying a $20 cd-rw!!! liteon sucks.

4. CrazyMook

CrazyMook OT Supporter

5. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

no, liteons are fairly decent burner. its nice cause u can take a 40x and bump it to 52x write with a firmware upgrade :big grin:

6. Syrinx1976

Syrinx1976 Guest

Go to www.newegg.com they have great Media Drives, aslo if your Cd-rw drive is shot then pay the extra $15 and get a Combo Drive