AUDIO GUYS: i ahve 500 bucks help me with a home sound system....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sh0kka, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Sh0kka

Sh0kka New Member

i want a decent system, i want the sub to be powerful to feel every hit or shot in a movie or game...anyone know?

2. ap

ap New Member

Click here if your browser does not automatically
    you only want to spend $500? invest in the stock market, sit on the stock for a couple years, and come back when you have ~$1500+

3. On_One

On_One Guest

Are you a handy person? Parts Express has some decent HT speaker kits for around 500 dollars. Will beat many speaker systems costing 4 times as much in terms of sound quality.

4. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

Ehh, if the money's really burning a hole in your pocket, spend it on a reciever, then go back to saving.

5. Shikado

Shikado David-Michelle-Edgar-Tony :wtc:

$500? Not $5000? What do u alredy have and what u need? If u need everything then get one of those complete system in a box (tv not included). You won't feel a shot though. :o

6. Sh0kka

Sh0kka New Member

like i see adds for BB a complete system for 350, how will it sound? will i feel ANY bass? the sub is 150w...so i dunnno...

my set up is a toshiba WS big tv...lol

7. 04

04 Guest

Did you read my response in your other, identical thread?

You probably won't feel any bass if you are spending 350 dollars. 150w subwoofer doesnt mean jack shit either, the sub in question could be super loud, or it could be a pos.

8. Cue-Ball

Cue-Ball I hate you, Milkman Dan

You can get a set of 5.1 Onkyo speakers for ~$250. Spend the other $250 on a decent receiver. I've got these same speakers and a Pioneer VSX-D811S receiver. I didn't spend much more than $500 and it sounds GREAT! Combined with my 43" Hitachi rear projection this system is perfect for movies or games.

Edit: Onkyo doesn't make the 5.1s anymore but i bet you can still find them cheap online. They're the SKS-HT500 series.http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=SKS-HT500&class=Speaker&p=i