ATVers, question for ya

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Vermincelli, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Since my friend was diagnosed with Mienere's Disease she can't ride a motorcycle anymore but she could handle a trike.
    I was toying with the idea though of putting an ATV rear end under her Hondamatic 400 but it has to be a limited slip. Are there any ATVs out there that have a limited slip or even an open differential? Would be nice to find one at salvage that I could just basically hack and weld onto her bike instead of paying 25k for a monster goldwing/harley custom setup.

2. wreckless123

wreckless123 New Member

Most sport quads have a solid rear axle and the 4x4's that independent rear suspension are not engineered to do any kind of street speeds. I would say this would be the wrong direction.

3. verticalINTENSEions

verticalINTENSEions New Member

4. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Nah, I was thinking of retrofitting her CM400. It's her baby and even though she can't ride it, she will never get rid of it. So figured I would investigate making it into a trike to allow her to ride it again.

5. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

you might have better luck looking into a quaffe diff they will take as much power as you can throw out of a bike out then and they can handle street speeds