Attraction to particular accents

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by spiller, Mar 10, 2008.

1. spiller

spiller New Member

Im from Australia and will be arriving in the US to work/travel for approximately 4 months begining in June. I plan on having a damn good time whilst over there (i figure you know what i mean).

Im from Australia and all ive heard is how American girls love the "Aussie" accent. So much so that its easy for Australian guys to do very well with American girls in the US. Is there any truth to this? Girls, if you were out at a bar/club etc and met an Australian guy, would you be more inclined to talk to him/have a shot at him?

Ive been to the US once in 2004 but was a school boy at the time so obviously the circumstances were very different, but AFAIK not many people have even heard the Australian accent before?

I personally find the female American accent very attractive and also love the South African accent...

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Foreign guys as a whole, have a really good shot. But you gotta be interesting.

3. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

We're genetically predispositioned to be attracted to different genetics than our native selection. Attraction to people with accents is a manifestation of that desire to diversify our reproductive variety. It happens all over the world.

4. demosnat

demosnat New Member

OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOU.

OP: Yeah, you should do really well. Spread the genes apart :noes:

(of european decent (like you) stands a better chance as opposed to other minorities though as COMPLETE outbreeding doesn't give the strong alleles as good a chance of being reinforced)

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yeah, I'm going to be honest...I am really really partial to guys with accents. It's pathetic really.

My bf was paranoid I'm sure the entire time I was going through Europe. Aussies are particularly one of my fav's.

Anyhow, yes it can help usually, but you still have to have a decent personality to keep one attracted as well.

PS-Don't bring up Heath Ledger.

6. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

I kind of want to get rid of my accent i get way too much attention with it and at least 2times a day i get asked where i am from. After 10 years of that i am about as sick out of it as you can possibly imagine. As far as has it gotten me dates yes it has and its been equally good to get guys as it is to get chicks however guys tend to be more willing to hook up with a girl because of her accent than girl in my experience.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

o rly?

More info on this please.

Are you saying like white American + Italian = better genes than like white American + black African or Asian because there is a little more similarity in the genes?

8. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

:love:

Show off :o

9. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Back when I was a sophomore in college, my parents had a foreign exchange student from Australia. She was 15, but looked 20, and had an accent. And she was gorgeous.

One night I had come home to pick up some stuff, she came out of the bathroom in a towel...I was trying not to stare, but at the same time, I was thinking "come on towel, fall off".

Should have seen it when she first arrived...it was near the time of my small town's crappy festival that all small towns have...she went with us to it, there was a huge group of boys just standing around her...was so funny, cause I knew that's exactly what would happen.

10. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

<3 girls with accents.

11. demosnat

demosnat New Member

:mamoru: I had similar experience when I was an exchange student in Austria.

12. Climbing Cracker

Climbing Cracker I am the Devil. And I am here to do the Devil's w

:eek3::noes::eek3:

13. stormywaters

stormywaters Tornadoes are just wind...

I love the Aussie accent! I would talk to you, but if the only thing you had going for you was the accent (ie no personality/things to talk about) I would not be interested.
    Where in the US will you be?

14. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Come to Los Angeles. You'd tear it up here.

On the flip side, American guys do really well in Oz :)

15. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

There was this Australian guy here on exchange or something last spring. He was friends with my friends

Anyway we would go to the bars, and he'd just sit at a table watching all of us have fun and wouldn't dance or really do anything.

Then I learned my lesson... I would bring girls back to the table to chat, and as soon as they heard him speak they would forget about me and be all over him. He seemed like such an insecure little bitch who wasn't willing to break out of his shell. But that didn't matter, he had the accent :wtc:

16. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

you mean he got laid despite having zero game and only the power of his voice at his disposal? impossible :mamoru:

17. iwishyouwerebeer

Dude, I've known hot guys who had 0 game and got chicks based off their looks. So it happens...I've seen chicks literally melt and fall over themselves just cause a guy had a hot accent. It didn't matter that he had game or not, as long as he kept talking about something in that accent.

18. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

see i am lucky everyone for me has an accent :)

19. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Looks like you've never been to Canada, or Toronto..

Everyone here is either 1st generation Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, etc.... lol. No one gives a shit about accents

20. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Plus, let's see how fas Indian accent will get you laid

21. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

WTF, no we aren't. Maybe in certain parts of Toronto... like China town etc.

And yeah, certain ascents don't help at all. There is an indian comic that jokes about that exact thing.

22. J-Ace24

J-Ace24 double down.

I particularly like it when a girl has a English accent. Somehow even more so when she's not of English descent. I guess it's the surprise factor involved. I had an Asian girl at an airport once ask me a question and I found myself completely attracted to her simply because of her accent. I would not have found her that attractive if she never spoke to me.

23. fray

fray New Member

Australian, Irish, or Scottish are all quite nice!

24. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

Is the opposite the same?

For instance, do aussie girls drool over american guys? How about european's?

25. iwishyouwerebeer

A guy I knew (attractive one at that) went to study abroad for months over in Australia. He said before he went he was really :x: all the Aussie girls would dig his American accent. He said when he got there however that they all just commented that they watched a lot of American television and his accent didn't impress them in the least :mamoru:

When I went to Europe all the people I met made fun of Americans. When they imitated them (Americans) they made them sound like rednecks. I then had to go through with examples of accents from the Midwest, New York, Mass, Southern, etc. They thought it was hilarious. I don't think any of the guys found my typical American "accent" appealing or anything though.