Attn: WoW molten core vets

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by epitaph, Jul 11, 2005.

1. epitaph

epitaph Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus.

My guild has started MC runs and we finally downed Lucifron last night. :cool: Any suggestions on where to go next? Since we have only 1 tranq shot so far, Magmadar is quite a handful. We did get him to 67% on our second attempt, but the frenzy + a missed tranq were too much. I was thinking we skip Mag for now and go for Gehennas until we get more tranq shots. But that leaves the core hounds respawning all over the place.

2. got milk?

got milk? New Member

Two options.

One: wait a week for instance to reset and get another tranq shot.
    Two: Do it with only one. It is possible, just have extra healing.

I wouldn't recommend Gehennas without downing Mag. Hounds respawn too fast. And if you wipe on Gehennas even once, you are more than likely screwed.

3. McClane

McClane Who Killed Marilyn?

Pretty sure Tranq doesn't miss anymore.
    No way you can do Gehennas with a 16 minute dog timer in the middle of the room imo.

4. epitaph

epitaph Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus.

Tranq doesn't miss after the 1.6 patch, you mean? It missed a couple times last Sunday, before the patch.

In any case, we decided to screw around tonight not expecting to do much, and yea, Gehennas is definitely a no-go before killing Magmadar. :rofl:

Oh well, it resets tomorrow so we'll get another tranq then.

5. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

no it's still possible to miss. our designated tranq hunter has a lot of +% chance to hit gear and agility out the ass so he never misses. you only need 1 shot too if you're good. after that, start down the southern run.

our guild has the luci/mag run down to about 1hr30min now, and can go from a fresh dungeon, to setting up a rag encounter in about 6 hours.

[edit]without giving away our "secret" for rag since we've only killed him 3 times now, the ragnaros encounter will spawn a shit load of adds that you need to kill within 1.5 minutes. after that, you have a very short time frame to kill ragnaros himself before he summons a second wave of adds. if the 2nd wave comes you are SOL. I'll just say that we DPS rag and make sure there's enough warriors and priests to tank the adds as we take them down, and we only roll with 2 hunters for the rag encounter. [/edit]

6. McClane

McClane Who Killed Marilyn?

rag strats arent really a secret :hsugh:
    MC is so nerfed now, we did luci-domo is about 7 hours on sunday, so lame. Can't argue with easy purples though.

7. xXVERBXx

xXVERBXx Tungsten Carbide Member

im glad im done with this game....

7 hours sitting in front of a computer is a fuckin waste of life....

8. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

just get more tranq shots. we are able to run it with 3 hunters with tranq shot.

Acctually, now we are able to start with 25 people, and clear upto Gehannas now. We can go start to killing Major Domo in 6.5h.

As of now i have 4 of 8 felheart. (Horns, Shoulders, Pants, Gloves)

9. Rownan

Rownan SHIFT

My guild downed Magmadar last night with 3 tranq shots, we've tried it several times before with less and never had a chance. Mag dropped giantstalkers leggings and I won them! WOOT!

BTW tranq shot DOES miss. Even with gloves of accuracy and two tarnished elven rings I missed once.