attn: wolf or any other experts hehe

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by mitrong, Sep 17, 2003.

1. mitrong

mitrong so cute

i just signed up for the msf course, and shortly after i will be getting a ninja 250; hopefully i won't die hehe

but one quesiton, i kno NOTHING about gear, or bikes in general... wut gear is good and CHEAP (broke ass college student) thanks

2. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

I'm no expert, but I think the ideal riding equipment would be a helmet, armoured riding jacket with a back protector, pants with armour, boots with good ankle protection, and a nice pair of gloves. You might want to Check Ebay for low prices on products from reputable companies such as Dainese. Spidi, Joe Rocket, Alpinestar, and Teknic.

3. rider

rider New Member

frank thomas, gericke, and first gear are other brands you might try.

when you buy your helmet, get one that is snell-2000 and dot approved. if it has at least those certifications, then you're good. the reasons that the price varies so greatly is because of style, comfort, paint design. all helmets are designed for only one really bad hit anyway. :) check out shoei, arai, hjc, kbc, ogk

oh yah, and definitely check out used stuff, though i'd think twice about buying a used helmet. someone else's bad breath and hair gel might forever be infused with the foam padding. :rofl:

check out newenough.com or kneedraggers.com

it's all gonna be costly, but well worth it.

4. Volkl

Volkl New Member

Joe Rocket makes some quality jackets are reasonable prices. I was able to an HJC helmet for under $100. Good riding gloves will help a lot too. That's about it. A jacket, a helmet, gloves, good jeans [believe me, they saved a lot scrapping on my legs in my accident], and some boots, and you are set to go. Ride safe

5. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Also check out some of the motorcycle forum classified ads for gear. Most gear you can buy used and save a bunch of money. You should get your helmet new and not used.

Here is what you need for the MSF course:

Boots (over the ankle) (hiking boots may work if that's all you can find)
    Jacket (doesn't have to be leather but has to cover arms)
    Gloves (should get a good set of leather gloves)
    Helmet
    Jeans
    Long sleeve shirt

Hope this helps.

Funny that Wolf has not answered... :)

6. rider

rider New Member

oh yah, if you don't want to buy a helmet just yet, some MSF classes let you borrow theirs. but then again, some people get nervous in classes, then they sweat, in the helmet... ew. gross.