Attn: Vb God

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by acabrera, Jun 29, 2004.

1. acabrera

acabrera Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Since I know absolutely jack shit about it, what are your thoughts about XCode 2?

2. dmora

dmora Guest

its teh new hotness :big grin:

3. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

I seriously need an Apple machine at home. I just can not spend any time at work exploring the programming accept within the Apple environment. I've only played around with the interface builder, and I will eventually write objective-c code/scripts. It's just a matter of time, but it feels like I spend about 2 whole minutes every week or so.

By the way, I may be able to buy an old G3 machine for next to nothing. I would like to install OS 10.3, but I hear that it just won't work with it. I was told that 10.2 would work, but it would be slow. That's fine by me. If anything, I would add more RAM. I'll post more details about this G3 within a few days.

4. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

the new xcode doesn't do much for me :dunno:

5. acabrera

acabrera Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Don't know about the blue & white g3 powermacs, but my iBook G3 800 handles 10.3 fine, although it's a tiny bit sluggish with only 340mb of ram. Still very usable

6. dmora

dmora Guest

Herb as long as its not a beige G3 it should run 10.3 and 10.4 just fine.

7. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

:cool:

I know it's going to be a little slow, but I would never run OS 9.x (Classic). OS 10.X for me.