GUN ATTN: USMCsilver (or anyone else that may know)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

I'm trying to make a loop sling with my standard nylon sling that came with my Bushmaster and i'm following the USMC guide I read on how to make a loop sling, but it just doesn't seem possible with this sling i've got. What type of sling do they use in boot and do you know where I can buy one?

I just want whatever the standard issue USMC sling is.

2. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

I hope to hell they're adding to the KD course. It's about as unrealistic a shooting scenario as you'll ever find.

For the loop sling. What Tom said. Take off the sling from the swivel or loop at the rear, leaving the front attached. Adjust the sling tensioner at the bottom to form a loop big enough to fit your arm through. Grip the forearm of the weapon, then adjust the sling keeper to be taut when you pull the weapon into your shoulder, making sure the sling is resting firmly on your forearm.

This is a bitch to explain, and without an AR, since I don't really like them, I'm not sure I could show you in pictures.

3. striker754

striker754 Chillin

I made a TAC sling like some thread on ar15 showed. You can buy it for 20 shipped

4. Accord

Accord New Member

Thanks for the advice guys, based on what you've said this is what I came up with, is it a proper loop sling?

[​IMG]

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

That'll work. I never prefered the "hasty" sling, though. While stable, it's a PITA to do/undo.

Now, I run a single point in the rear. Much easier and just as stable, IMHO.

6. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

It'll do, but without a USGI sling, you're never really going to have it down pat. You have a sort of GI sling, you're missing the sling keeper and you have it on upside down, but other than that like silver said, that will work.