MIL ATTN Turbomaniacal and other smartz peoples

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MumblingJoe169, May 7, 2007.

1. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

Thats it, iv had enough. I need some IG/Officer/smarts peoples advice here concerning issues I've been having with a GI Bill Kicker.

When I first enlisted in the RESERVES in 2000, I was given a 100 kicker to go along with my GI Bill. I put it to use as soon as I got back, and never had a problem with it. When I joined ROTC in the Fall of last year, everyone at ROTC convinced me to do my SMP(Simultaneous Membership Program) with a local National Guard Infantry unit. Because the recruiter was a fucking moron, he told me it would be no problem to get me started on the SMP GI Bill kicker(which is substantially more at $350 a month).

I contracted with the Guard, signed off on all my stuff, and got all the stuff promised to me from ROTC and the GUARD(drill pay, ROTC stipend, 1607 GI Bill) but was still receiving my $100 kicker.

Fast forward to around March of 2007 and the recruiters had already changed over and I seemed to finally be getting somewhere in getting the Guard to upgrade my kicker. When all was said and done over at the VA finally, instead of getting some backpay on that kicker, Im instead getting notified by the VA that they are canceling my Kicker dating back to when I switched from the reserves to the guard.
    The National Guard is telling me that because the kicker was paid for by the Reserves, that I am not eligible to receive a new kicker from the guard, and that I in fact owe back all this money that I used to pay for school. I probably will owe them something like $2000.

This is bullshit. They haven't shown me written anywhere saying that I can't have a different kicker take the place of an existing one. They told me there would be no problems in recieving said kickers(in fact, both of the national guard recruiters tasked with dealing with this issue told me the same thing up until recently when word came down). This sounds like a load of shit, and I need to know what I can do to a)get my money that was promised to me or b)get them to not charge me for this bullshit.

2. MumblingJoe169

no gym for home

3. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

I got nothing...nor am I an IG any more. :eek5: I am now a Brigade Plans Officer. :eek5: :eek5:

4. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

That sounds like it could be either quite interesting or a soul crushing bore.

5. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

BPO :mamoru:

6. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

I'm hoping for both. :eek5:

7. MumblingJoe169

8. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Either he deleted that post or I have him on IL. :hsugh:

9. Jyokker