ATTN Toshiba: YOu suck, v. goddamnharddrive

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sp33d, Aug 16, 2006.

1. sp33d

sp33d New Member

So i have a Toshiba s479 laptop, well its pretty much been a POS since i got it. (its a company laptop) i didnt pay for it.

Well the damn hard drive fried its self. Lost everything yay!

So i call this wonderful company of retards, and derelicts. And they say "Well sir, we can help you get your computer running again but its 59.99 a hour for support" ok kiss my ass, So your telling me some guy that can barely speak english is some how going to repair a dead hard drive threw the magical waves of a phone? hmm i would pay 59.99 for that. Thats some crazy voodoo.

SO basically after an hour on the phone i finally gets the parts department. So for a OEM Toshiba HD 60gb $390.00 or i can get a hitachi for $349.99. So i ask you, my homies if there is a cheaper place to get a god damn hard drive for this Piece of shit?:x::x:

Thanks! :bowdown::bowdown:

Oh and the moral of the story, dont buy toshiba laptops we have 3 here at the company and everyone of them is basically fucked.

2. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Have you looked on Ebay?

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Half of the threads in C&P go like this:

"My [INSERT ITEM HERE] broke. Where can I buy a new [INSERT ITEM HERE]?"

"NewEgg."

"Thanks!"

We should just sticky a thread with a list of the top five places to buy computer parts.

5. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

I'm sure one of us could devise some type of auto-responder bot to answer these questions. :)

6. sp33d

sp33d New Member

lol ok, i know alot about desk tops for the average user but laptops i dont know what piece will work with what. Ill do some more digging thank you!

7. deusexaethera

A sticky would be less work.

8. deusexaethera

Laptop hard drives are even easier to buy than desktop hard drives. All the IDE laptop drives have the same kind of plug, whereas desktop IDE drives can have the data socket and the power socket switched back and forth, possibly with jumpers in between or off to the side or both.

Either either your laptop uses IDE, or it uses SATA. Just buy the same kind you have now, bolt it into the slide-out hard drive holder, and slide it back into your lappy.