MIL ATTN: Soldiers currently or recently in IRAQ v.giftideas

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jaron95, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Jaron95

Jaron95 "Gattai" dattou?!

My gaming clan is coming up on our 3rd anniversary and our founder has decided to get a collection going to send some goodies to our men and women still stuck overseas.

My question is: what kinds of things do the soldiers need or want to have over there? I mean, we could send a care package full of boring necessities like toothpaste or deodorant or clean socks or whatever. We could also send over a bundle of the latest console games or something, too.

We have about 30 or so broke-ass gamers with good intentions and we're thinking of doing something small but meaningful with this week's lunch money.

Any input on where and how we should direct our resources? :x:

2. i_is_surf

i_is_surf New Member

I got a lot of the "normal" stuff when I was in Iraq. I also got a shit load of candy and cookies and such.

But the most meaningful was cards and pictures.....

Something that would help out at this point is the "keep-cool" type towels - the ones you wet and wrap around your neck. The fans that have a misting attachment on them are nice as well. Both can be had at Wal-mart for fairly cheap. With the weather heating up fast and only getting higher that would bring some much needed relief.

3. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

instant chicken or tuna meals

4. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Your gaming clan?

I always thought those were just a bunch of e-nerds with nothing to do.

That is pretty cool of him to want to do such. :bigthumb: