SRS attn social whores: serious game to spit.....need advice

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chickentendah, Jan 18, 2006.

1. chickentendah

chickentendah New Member

Picture this:

* you're about 4 yrs older than the girls on average
    * you are a minority (ethnically)....you make up part of the 20% statistic
    * you're a graduate student.....the girls are undergrads
    * you lost all your friends that you made as an undergrad to the corporate machine; you have to start all over again, and you don't have a social life YET
    * most of the hot girls that you're interested in happen to be in sororities
    * you have a serious cockblock alert in your class: frat boys; the sorority chicks automatically choose to sit with the frat boys because they already have "social proof"
    * you're 5'8" but the frat boys are 6'1"
    * you work out, but you're about 6 months off from your idea body
    * you're speak/act confident and you have the body language all done correctly......but these girls don't even notice you because they're so busy talking to mister backwards hat (embroidered with greek symbols)

Do you see the picture i paint? Okay, that's my situation. I have these hot girls in my class that I want to get to know as FRIENDS. HOWEVER, in order to actually get acquainted with them outside-of-class, I have some serious game to spit--------game that I don't have YET. Keep in mind that these girls ALREADY have fantastic/fulfilling social lives. If they're bored, they can easily call out 4 girls to hang out with and get drunk with. If they're feeling lonely, they can simply sleep over at the nearest Alpha Caca Epsilon "house".

I'm not going to lie. I don't hold wild drinking parties every thursday/friday, and I need to make new friends again. I can't just tell a girl "hey come hang out with my friends and I etc etc"........because the "friends" are not there yet.

What are my options? What are key selling points? Where's my "social proof"? What can I offer these women that the fratboys can't? WHY should they even bother with me?

Confidence/Game-spitting can only get so far here....AGAIN, i want to make FRIENDS----not dates.

:wiggle:
    giveme your best advice

thanks!

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Stop making exuses for yourself , and just go for the kill. If you want to go out or make friends you have to 'step towards these people' and intereact. You can start with asking questions or the occasional non sense talk, and then take it from there into hanging out with them. And trust me no one here is going to believe you just want to be 'friends' with them ;) lol.

3. chickentendah

chickentendah New Member

you know, you just touched on a very confusing subject. can attractive members of the opposite sex be friends? i would say NO.

so when i say "friends"-----im just saying that i want to keep them around as "potentials". establishing a social life is priority #1 right now. i would like to hang out with them in the group setting. friends begets more new friends. furthermore, it's proven human phenomenom that the more attractive people you surround yourself with, the more people will find you attractive as well.
    (it's all pretty superficial, but that's nothing to complain about if it's the quickest way to jumpstart your social life.)

SO yeah....you think kamikaze works here? no preparation?

4. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

well for 1 you wanna be friends with them to start, the greeks just wanna shag em. so you got that going for you.

5. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

it usually works best starting small chat with them, dont just bust in "YO LETS BE FRIENDS" cause they sell some pretty strong mace these days. find a few girls and make small talk with them and over a short period of time the more you talk the closer you will get.

6. Create

Create :free at last:

It will be very tough to break into the greek circle from the female end. The majority of the social interaction is hosted by the fraternity houses, even more so since the Panhellenic Council went dry. You'd have a better chance by getting in from the male side, but not much of a chance still. I know how we were back in my fraternity days.

My advice would be to hit the bar scene instead.

7. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

So, WHY are you wanting so badly to befriend these girls who are already seeming to be pretty snobby/shallow already?
    I'm probably asking a stuuuuupid question... Is it simply because they are HOT looking?
    I dunno. I sure as hell wouldn't be interested in girls like that if I was a guy in your situation. But, I'm not, so, I am sure you have your reasons.

8. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

shallow girls have nice racks

9. ebbnflo

:mamoru:
    I am not shallow,(usually) and I like to think I have a nice rack.
    No. No pictures, you'll just have to trust me (or not, I don't give a shit actually) on that.
    LOL

10. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

His reasons were stated as building a social life. But yeah I agree wit the first reply dont think about this too much before hand and psyche yourself out. Just talk about anything I'm sure you can do that. Make yourself approachable to, that's not guarenteed to get them to approach you, but it's a nice plus. Good luck.

11. chickentendah

chickentendah New Member

that was my gut feeling on the best approach. but, i have some pretty big shoes to fill or replace----which is why i made this thread. the cynical/wussy voice inside my head keeps telling me that if i dont already have attractive women fighting for my attention (as leverage), my chances are statistically slim to even be-friend one of these greek women.

i guess my only option is to just PRETEND that these women are normal women....and hopefully, one of them is non-exclusive to non-greeks :x:

12. chickentendah

chickentendah New Member

I have no game at the bar scene.....it's all cut throat competition there.......i don't look like brad pitt, so it's really hard to even get the CHANCE to win a women over by genuine/witty conversation....furthermore, i can't really have a conversation while the music is blasting in the background

i like supermarkets and coffee shops :mamoru:

13. chickentendah

chickentendah New Member

very good question

1) based on what i've read in pop psychology and from what im convinced to believe from common sense.......people who are surrounded by attractive people tend to look more desirable by association.....my non-existant social life at school could use the jumpstart

2) it's easier to meet friends through friends......1 friend becomes 2, 2 becomes 4, 4 becomes 8, 8 beomes 16, etc..........making friends is a bitch if you're not in the social "loop".....in order to efficiently make friends, u need friends

3) these women will get my "foot in the door"; i can "leech" off the spectacular social lives that these women already have; they can act as major stepping stones in social networking

3) if the beauty of these greek women is only skin deep, then so be it. there's no loss, but only gain for my situation. finding REAL friends is a numbers game......only a select few will be good ppl out of the bunch

4) i'm not going to lie here. i'm not satisfied in the way i look. i think there's some sort of deeply-rooted insecurity issue. if these women will accept me for what i am right now, then my brain will validate the confidence that i emulate. at the moment, i have to "fake it till i make it"

5) THE CHALLENGE!!! the fact that these women have that "unattainable" aura gets my adrenaline going

:noes: :noes:

14. ebbnflo

Well, hey, at least you are honest. Also there is a possibilty that at least one of these beautiful girls is not the stereotypical shallow girl.

15. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:bowdown:

how about you search for girls that aren't superficial? and THEN you can talk about all kinds of shit. ;)

in all honesty, why would you want to surround yourself with the sorority/fraternity drama? :dunno: doesn't seem to appealing to me :hsugh:.

16. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Look, in the end you only got yourself right? No matter wether your fat, big,small, handsome or tall, you have what you got and thats what you'll have to use to get what you want. Also i don't believe friends with the oppostite sex is possible, we are naturally attracted to the other gender, and this will provoke romantic reactions from the body regardless of wther we want it or not.