Attn: Scottwax

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by JointBeaker, Mar 19, 2004.

1. JointBeaker

JointBeaker packaging engineer #2 OT Supporter

Hey Scott. Thanks to you, and everyone that shares pics, advice, and knowledge on the S&S Forum.

Anyhow...Could you direct me to a reputable website where I could purchase Meguiars DACP?

I've got a '98 Dodge Neon, Intense Blue. Here's a website with a few pictures of the specific color... http://www.dacom-co.com/neon.htm (not my car, nor website)

I really hate living in a college town. My hood has two 8" diameter patches full of small scratches on the clearcote. From all that I've read on this forum the past year or so, I figure DACP would be the way to go. Any other ideas? I could take a picture tomorrow if it's sunny.

Thanks.
    JB

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Without actually seeing the car in person, it is hard to say exactly what product you should start off with, but DACP would be a safe choice since it starts off strong and quickly breaks down to a finer polish. You just have to be sure you work it into the paint until it looks nearly clear and dry.

I buy my Meguiars product from a local pro distributer, so I don't really know who to order online from. www.autopia.com would be a good place to start. Just click on the shop/autopia store link.

3. JointBeaker

JointBeaker packaging engineer #2 OT Supporter

Yeah, I understand. If we actually get some sun up in this part of the state tomorrow, I'll try to take a few pictures showing what's happened. I know it's not "in person" but, I'd still like to try. :) I'll even make the photo's dial-up friendly. :bigthumb:

If it works out, I'll update this thread tomorrow.

Thanks again.
    JB