MIL ATTN San Diego State Students

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jeffswain, Jan 25, 2006.

1. jeffswain

jeffswain OT Supporter

if anyone is interested in a 1 unit class on fridays, there is a 3 hour experimental class called Military Science 296 (about 9 spaces left)

"Military Science

MIL S 0296 01 High Adventure Training (1.0) Cr/NC only. 3-hour activity session; one hour available for travel time, two hours of activity. Weekly 3-hour class focusing on off-campus, outdoor training events including rapelling, weapons familiarization and qualification, and orienteering. Also includes urban tactics, obstacle courses, and leadership/confidence scenarios."

2. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Man I wish I was in school right now :sad2:.

3. ooorah2111

ooorah2111 New Member

Wow, that sounds interesting. But shit, I have a history class on Fridays from 1200 - 1250...:wtc:

4. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

Is that open to anyone? At A&M Military Science classes were only available to people in the Corps.

5. ooorah2111

ooorah2111 New Member

I think it is open to everyone.

6. jeffswain

jeffswain OT Supporter

so far it seems open to everyone. heres the story, i was cruisin around the class schedule and came upon a section called experimental topics. this 1 unit class was one of them. i went to the ROTC office to ask to see what the details were and the Sgt. confirmed that it is open to everyone and that we are all guinea pigs hah

7. ooorah2111

ooorah2111 New Member

Hey Jeff, are you living in the dorms? What year are you? I think I am going to crash and see if I can get in the class.

8. jeffswain

jeffswain OT Supporter

i dont live in dorms. senior. first class meeting is this friday, but try and see if you can add the class on web portal first. it may not need an add code yet but if it does, try showin up on friday

9. jeffswain

jeffswain OT Supporter

the first day of this class was today. there are only 3 particpants, including me. there is a Sgt. running the class and 2 ROTC cadets who are aides. more people are still welcome on the next friday class. we will meet at tony gwynn stadium for some rappelling lessons.

10. Mr Roboto

Mr Roboto Flat Black Member

I assume this is an Army ROTC class? I'm AFROTC at SDSU and I haven't heard anything about it. I wonder if they'd let me take it through the college of extended studies?

11. jeffswain

jeffswain OT Supporter

yes it is run by the army rotc but it's open to all students.. im actually trying to get more people in so that the course would be continued. the colonel at state said the course is geared toward freshmen and sophomores as a way to get them interested in ROTC. but im a senior so maybe im wasting there time mwahahah... so if anyone has time, tony gwynn stadium this friday at 10am.

12. jeffswain

jeffswain OT Supporter

o yea, the colonel said he ran the program at oklahoma state i think, and it was successful and alot of people liked it. this class here at state is the first time it is here and i am one of the first three in state's history lol! im famous! but yea, even tho less people means more activity for me, i think it would be better if more people joined while there is still a chance, im sure friday would be the last chance for people to join

13. Mr Roboto

Mr Roboto Flat Black Member

So what time is the class? I have some time free on fridays.

14. jeffswain

jeffswain OT Supporter

oh sorry i forgot that. it is fridays 10am - 1pm...but depending on what is goin on, the time may go a little over 1pm.. if you guys can join, pls do, because i would hate to see this class shut down because of lack of participants. it was designed for 25 students, but from what they say there were issues in promoting it so almost no word whatsoever was advertised officially. like i said, i found out from browsing the class schedule online and two other guys said they heard from a family friend who works in the school administration. btw, if u cant sign up for the class, at least spread the word to anyone u think might be interested

15. F.O.D.

F.O.D. Guest

nobody signed up for that because thats a horrible time for a 1unit/week slot. who's gonna pass 10am-1pm classes for other mwf classes to take this. Shoulda been at least 2-5 etc.

16. jeffswain

jeffswain OT Supporter

thats so true, i found it easy as a senior but i can see ur point on how sophmores and freshman would have a really hard time to fit in that time slot. btw, whats up, ur from the other thread lol :wavey: