ATTN: Pur, Filmy, any competitive BBers...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by timberwolf, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

After getting in your best condition for a competition... isn't it psychologically difficult to 'let yourself go'? Or was it simply that demanding that its a relief to take it easy?

2. JP®

JP® New Member

Im neiter of these guys, but ive got alot of friends that compete, and after there shows, they cant wait to get stuffed with as much shit food as possible!

3. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

hah, timber the first time I saw your av I thought you were a competitive bber. Are you deciding to go for it? If so you will probably do really well.

4. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

i have not gone up more then 5 pounds since may, im sitting at a soft 220 right now, I continue to eat fairly clean most meals but no cardio and this week is my 2nd week back. I will slowly get back into it. Im about 220 right now and 8-10% most likely. I have been clean since the day of the show in may also. Got blood work done in june and have a physical this friday. Blood work was the best its been in 10 years

5. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

I can't wait to get my face in a bucket of wings!

I get myself so low that I can't really sleep. I can't do anything, I feel like shit and I wanna die. Its the physcological mindset that makes me set on the thought of the postcontest meal.

I mean it gets so tough mentally that the only way I can proceed in the diet is to convince myself of the reward at the end.

my last show I tried to stay within 5lbs but i was so sick that I just couldn't do it.

6. PurEvl

im a rare rare BB'er, I can survive very low and go long times without carbs without much ill effect. My trainer has gotten hundreds of people ready and some national level guys as well and he still says hes never met one person who would ever survive dieting the way i do. I always tell him its not a gift its fucking cruel, I want to get ready on carbs dammit all

7. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

yeah, thats a blessing...I know guys that can sustain low %age for multiple shows

I hate you people :squint:

8. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

how long have you worked with your trainer and how'd you get set up with him?

9. PurEvl

we have been friends for about 10-12 years, he gets me ready and i get him ready, you dont want to get ready by yourself. The mind gets pretty fucked the last few weeks and people tend to blow it. You leave it all in someone elses hands and let them worry about it. I met him when he had just won the collegiate nationals or maybe it was the Jr nationals..i cant remember but he was fucking huge at like 260 and shredded to the bone. I walked right up to him at about 190 soaking wet and told him to step on the accelerator cause im coming to kick his puny ass. Every since then we have been close close friends.

10. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

so he sets up what you should do intake wise as well as lifting wise? that'd be pretty badass having such a knowledgeable workout partner.

11. PurEvl

we go over a set plan and he monitors my condition week to week and then we adjust from there. The last 3 weeks he comes to the gym to put me through some shitty ass workouts to make sure im burning everything up. When he competes, I do the same for him. Hes pretty much retired now

12. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

I know I don't compete or anything, but I find the first couple weeks of bulking to be the hardest. I have to fight my mind to eat more than maintenance calories. After a while I get used to it though.

13. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

That is pretty damn awesome.

And since this is your second week back... how come your log isn't updated. ;)

14. PurEvl

cause i have been doing nothing useful yet ;)

15. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

By the way Pur, also curious... not sure if I've asked you before... where do you lose bodyfat first, and where do you lose it last?
    I keep reading peeps say they lose it last in abs, personally abs is first for me and thighs are definitely the last place.

16. PurEvl

stomach/face usually for me, then legs then back

17. PurEvl

i handled brandon as well as him, he doesnt really come in until the last 4-6 weeks really.
    Ican do it on my own but its so much easier giving someone else the worry

18. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

Not to take anything away from Pur, but I do it all on my own. I need the dedication there. I need to have myself push me instead of someone else. Don't get me wrong I do have someone look at me every 3-5 days to see where I'm at.

But I do think its awesome to have someone there to push you extra hard when the going gets tough. I just like doing it on my own is all.

:)

19. KingLouis

KingLouis Al Capone with a badge

So how often are these bodybuilding competitions anyway you guys (Pur and filmy) attend? Asking to get an idea on how often you need to go to pre-contest shape and how long your "off-seasons" are.

20. PurEvl

if i feel like competing any certain year I usually do 2 shows

21. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I'm actually suffering a little anxiety and slight depression about going to Europe for 3 weeks in less than two weeks from now. While I'm looking forward to the trip I'm worried about not being able to maintain the condition I'm in right now.:wtc:

22. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

there are only 2 shows annually that I'd compete in. However, I chose only 1 or the other. They are in the spring and fall...not back to back...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.