A&P Attn: Prof photographers-work for hire release??

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Achance007, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

My girlfriend wants to get some professional pictures taken and maybe some partial nude photos. She met the photographer and said that he creeped her out a little bit, and when he was showing his previous work she swears he got a hard on. Well she still wants to get photo's taken by him because she cant find any other prof guy that does partial nudes. So I told her she needs to get him to sign some type of release saying that he cant show the nude photos to anybody and she says that he wont sign any forms and wont give up copywrites or originals for any photos. He just promises not to show the photos. Now I keep telling her that this is shady and not to use him, so she isnt going to do any kind of nudes with him. but doesnt it sound shady and creepy?
    This is the kind of form I found that I think he should sign but he wont. If you were you a photographer, why wouldnt you sign this? These photos are just going to be for her private collection and wont be used for any kind of modeling contracts.

PHOTOGRAPHIC WORK-FOR-HIRE AGREEMENT

AGREEMENT made this _______ day of ____________, 200_, by and between the undersigned PHOTOGRAPHER and the undersigned CLIENT.

This Agreement is entered into in the City of ________and County of _______________,
    State of __________ and is guided by and governed by the laws of that state.

The undersigned parties hereby agree that all rights, copyrights, titles and interest in any photographs taken by photographer, on behalf of Client belong solely and exclusively to the Owner free from any claims whatsoever by the Photographer.

The enticement and consideration for this Agreement is the promise by the Client to pay the Photographer the amount of $______________. This is a one-time compensation for Photographer's services (sometimes known as a work-for-hire) and Photographer understands that this will comprise Photographer's complete and sole payment.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF we have entered into this written contract as of the date above written.

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i wouldnt do it if i were her

3. Mr_Penut

Mr_Penut Elitist Member OT Supporter

her pics are going on the net

nameserch her in 2 months in otah :wavey:

4. Mr_Penut

but really, if he doesnt sign that, stay away

5. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

she is just going to do some normal model type stuff with him now. (i dont know why) But even with those pictures she doesnt want him to show anybody or use them as examples of his work. He still wont give up the rights and negatives though.

When she met him for the first time, there was a girl who had some standard model pictures taken and she came in to pick up the pictures. He ended up blowing up one of them up to poster size and hung it up in his office without her permission. The girl wasnt mad, but she obivously didnt give him permission based on the look the girl gave him when she saw it. Can photographers do that kind of stuff without permission?

6. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

thats what I think too. she already paid a downpayment so she doesnt want to lose her money. :rolleyes:

7. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

Thats what i told her, and why she isnt doing any type of nude shots with him. Even if he didnt post them, there is still the slight possibility of his shop being broken into and somebody stealing all the digital pictures on his CD's/harddrives since he wont give up the rights and originals

8. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

he probably wont agree to that. any real photographer will not give up his rights to show his pictures off as his work. if they are good, he'll want to use them

9. hash browns

hash browns lolcathlon champion OT Supporter

Short answer. No.

Read it. If it sounds funny, it probably is.

If he creeps her out, dont' do it. She needs to be comfortable with whomever she's working with

10. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

she already told him she wont sign a model release form either, so he cant show his work. I can semi understand him not wanting to give up rights to the clothed photos but he shouldnt have a problem for the partial nude photos. She just wants to get some pictures taken now, so in 20yrs she can remember how hot she was.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  11. bradh

bradh New Member

Damn why dont you live here.

12. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

cause you would post them on OT :fawk:

13. bradh

bradh New Member

Well actually I would only want that shit for a portfolio... which any real photog would. A release like that would be difficult unless the guy was like a friend... and if he is creepy... meh... good luck rofl.

14. Mr_Penut

good luck with this :)

15. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

I wouldnt sign away the rights for my pictures unless it was an extreme circumstance..but I understand what you say..if your girlfriend is not comfortable then dont even think about it, look for another photographer. Im sure you can find a very good one if you look around, pages like deviantart and photosig are an excellent resource for finding one.

16. joy division

joy division New Member

how much is she planning on paying for the partial nudes if she goes through with it?

17. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

Hell, I'd help a fellow OTer out and take shots for free. I'm down in the Wilmington / West Chester area often.

When it's time for her to strip, I'll give you the camera and you can go to town. :rofl:

18. Zulu

Zulu New Member

jesus sign her up on OMP or MM or something and find a real photographer (even though it's only about 5% IF THAT that are actual pros).

19. New Castle Delaware :eek3:

I live in dover and work in Wilmington Delaware. You guys should get ahold of me. If not my buddy Dave Bourne is really good also.

Hit me up

20. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

website?

21. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Send her to socal. We'll have a photography gangbang. :kdubb:

22. coming soon...

:bigthumb:

23. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

After we finish with your girl we'll all have websites.

24. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

It amazes me that she would even want to work with him, even after he creeps her out. Just wait 'til she's changing outfits, these creeps always sneak in shots.

25. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

:rofl: her other guy friends are even telling her its a bad idea, she just doesnt want to listen.