Attn people with Audio Editing Software...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RLiu818, Oct 29, 2006.

1. RLiu818

RLiu818 Active Member

Can anyone slow down an MP3 song for me? I need the speed slowed down so that the voice sounds deeper and scarier.

Please let me know if you can help me with this... I would appreciate it very much.

I know this is the on-topic forum but i think this is the only forum where i might get assistance with this.

2. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

Link to mp3?
    Alternatively, you can download Audacity ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) and do it yourself. It isn't that hard really....find something about changing the pitch/tempo/speed. I did it myself once to speed up a song so that the voice sounded higher.

3. RLiu818

RLiu818 Active Member

The mp3 is "Under the Sea" from the Little Mermaid Movie. It needs to be slowed down so that the song sounds kind of scary. (this is for a disney halloween party)

4. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

It isn't difficult at all in Audacity. Just open the mp3 (File -> Open), select what part (or the entire song) of the song you want to speed up, then click Effects -> Change Speed.

5. hyukki

hyukki ._.

Just letting you know...

If you have any of the creative's sound cards... I think you can make the output to be in "Zeus" mode. It doesn't mess with the tempo or anything, just the voice. Weird eh? I THINK you can download the program on creative's site, but I'm not quite sure if you can make it work with any other sound cards/onboard.

I don't know why I posted that since you're probably going to use a stereo or something. :) You COULD use a computer though, if you can set it up.

Well, have a fun halloween :blue: