Attn: People that do back/bis and chest/tris on the same days....

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by JP®, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JP®

JP® New Member

Im going on vacation tomorrow afternoon, andwant to get the rest of my workout in for the week.
    Basically, so far, ive done Legs and shoulders for this week.
    Ive got tonight and tomorrow morning to get the rest of my weeks workout in.
    Im thinking back/bi's tonight, and chest/tris abs tomorrow morning.

What do you people that work more than one part a day do?

I was thinking about doing my regular back routine, and throw in 2 or 3 excercises for bis, and same tomorrow when I work chest, throw in 3 excercises for tris after im done my chest training..

2. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

chest/bi

back/tri

I like push pulls

I also like to superset chest with back then you could do arms together on there own day.

3. JP®

JP® New Member

Something to think about.. I remember the mindset used to be, do pushing excercises together, and pulling excercises together (hence the bis with back, and chest with tris) because the pushes (shoulders or chest) tax your triceps, as pull excercises do to bi's.

Do you think this would cause overtraining of the arms, If I were to do back /tris tonight, and chest/bis tomorrow?

Im not overly worried about it, given my current anabolic state, just food for thought..

4. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

i dont recommend it to noobs or people not using a trump card. But I dont train my arms all that hard for that very reason. I go for a pump, they grow from heavy chest n back day. If I deep into offseason I train arms twice a month if that. I also like training arms together on fridays with no other body parts. I like to do one area a day for quick intense workouts. Lately though my split is

mon- legs
    tue- chest
    wed-back
    thur-shoulder/arms
    fri thru sun off

5. JP®

JP® New Member

I do the same split, however, I give shoulders thier own day.
    Thats is why this will seem weird to me. I dont feel like im getting the most out of my training when I do 2 parts on the same day.. (unless you consider tri's and bi's diff parts)
    Anyhow, I try to limit my time in the gym to 45 minutes, unless I do abs, which takes an additional 10 minutes at the end.
    I think im going to go with back/bis tonight, and chest/tris tomorrow.
    Im not going to get to the gym again until Sunday, So I want to make the most of it, and hit it as hard as I possibly can, because ive got 3 days to fully recover.
    I hate anything that fucks my schedule, including vacation.

6. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

:werd: Mine ^^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.