LGBT ATTN PEOPLE FROM MASSACHUSETTS (or those who know people in MA) Re: Same Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Sam Gamgee, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I’m passing this link on for your thoughts/action. The following link shows all the people in Massachusetts who have signed a petition to stop same-sex civil marriage in Massachusetts. Many people on the list claim that they have been added fraudulently and have filed affidavits to take themselves off of this petition.

http://knowthyneighbor.org/thelist.php

I’d encourage you to search the last names of your friends and/or family who live in Massachusetts and see if any may have signed this petition to discriminate against gays and lesbians in Mass.

I’m reminded of a song about Matthew Shepard. The lyrics go: “Doesn’t your heart beat the same as mine? Isn’t the air in my lungs the same air you breathe? So, who cares whose arms I’m all wrapped up in? Who cares whose eyes I see myself in? Who cares who I dream of? Who cares who I love?”

If your friends and/or family are on this list, please consider contacting them about it…

Thanks...

(Note: The only people on this list are those who have a MA address)

2. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

:squint:

How dare this bitch drag my last name into this hate.

3. OneLifeOneLove

OneLifeOneLove If You Ain't Outta Control, You Ain't In Control.

this is just getting pathetic.. people with no life.. got nothing better to do.. isn't there anything we can do to stop the petition or fight against it?

4. chriso59

chriso59 New Member

I'm from MA and I must say that it was quite fascinating to be able and see who in your own town, even neighborhood is against SSM... Fortunately none of the people on the list were people which my family knew closely...

5. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

Sam, thanks for posting this. I passed it along to my friends in Massachusettes after making sure that my family friends weren't on the list.

Some of the affidavits are shocking if you take the time to go page-by-page through the list. :eek: (I didn't go all the way through, just 100 pages or so.)

Stunning: http://www.knowthyneighbor.org/fraud.html

I wonder how many people are on this list who didn't have any idea what they were signing. This is why it's important to get the word out and get people to make sure they're not on this list unless they want to be on it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  6. Sam Gamgee

Unfortunately no.
    People signed the petition and it was recorded and verified.

The thing that the website that I linked you to at the first post is doing all they can to fight this list... by getting people to remove their names from the petition...

The more people that remove themselves, the weaker the petition becomes.

Click around the website that I gave you... check out the home page... You'll see that they're doing everything they can to protect same sex marriage in MAssachusetts.

7. Sam Gamgee

I'm not sure... I suppose they are friendly... I'm not really in the scene so I'm really not the person to ask about it.

But, I know that MA is pretty liberal-thinking...