COMIC ATTN OT Anime Gurus. v.heresatoughone

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Girder_Shade, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Girder_Shade

Girder_Shade OT Supporter

I'm talking about the people here who have been following the anime scene for some time now and have watched about all of it.

In your opinion, what would be the very TOP 3 animes you would recommend of all time?
    This could be based on the overall factor, such as animations, presentation, humour, action, storyline, length, etc.

Just your very top 3.
    Stuff you could recommend to anybody not very familiar you wanted to convert over to an anime addict. :wiggle:

2. tun

tun Active Member

Comedy: Azumanga Daioh
    Romance: Kare Kano or Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
    Other: Elfen Lied

:o

3. JP

JP Active Member

three (or four lol) shows in three categories from me :o

altho i alredy had a predisposition for giant robot stuff from my robotech days in the 80s, gundam seed got me hooked into anime, escaflowne and macross plus should be seen by all.

His and her circumstances is a masterpiece of work that everyone should see along with grave of the fireflies, perfect blue and Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo.

Great teacher onizuka cannot be toped in terms of story with comedy, it is just pure gold. honorabl mention to excel saga and azumanga daioh.

4. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

I dont know if I can pick just 3 :wtc: so here goes
    All around good : Beck
    Etchi comedy: Golden Boy (benkyou benkyou benkyou)
    Romance: Onegai Teacher or Kimi ga(tho this one is DRAMA laiden so viewer beware)

5. Jaron95

Jaron95 "Gattai" dattou?!

To get someone to start watching anime, I'd have to recommend something that they already like.

For me, it was Initial D. The combination of real world cars and locations with fictional characters and situations was the perfect combo to sell me on the idea of "cartoons for adults."

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is another good starter series for people who are already interested in cyberpunk/sci-fi stuff.

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are probably good transition series too, because they've got so much style and are a little more episodic than a lot of other anime.