ATTN: Need help black paint scuffs

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by ASIANPRIDE, Apr 25, 2006.

1. ASIANPRIDE

ASIANPRIDE OT Supporter

Sorry for the shit pictures...but I took them at 12am.....in the bitch dark......btw....I ghettoed out and put an old car tarp on my baby to keep her dry.....fawk..now it has friction scuffs from the wind blowing......I'm OCD enough to care about this...and the biggest problem with this 06 kawa is black paint...it shows everything...but these scuffs are fuckin' massive.....Anyone know how to fix this or buff it out...are there DIY's for black paint detailing? or should I take this to a professional shop and get it buffed? Gawd and I haven't even ridden her yet this season....cuz I'm not done finals....:wtc: :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

Do you guys cover ur bikes or just leave them outside to suffer? (question for non garage owners...)

Gawd I feel like shit...:sadwavey:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

You should be able to buff those out. But buffing by hand, especially on black is a BITCH!

As for bike cover care.
    They make special covers, that are stretchy, and fit snug over the bike. With the main intention being that they will not flap int eh wind, and scuff the paint. They are pricey, but well worth it, IMHO.

Where exactly are you located? Someone close to where you live might be able to help you out.

3. ASIANPRIDE

ASIANPRIDE OT Supporter

Tried Mcguires Scratch X....didn't work...but got a bunch of the swirl marks out.....but as for the surface scratches....didn't work at all...

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you can feel the scratches with your fingernail, they aren't coming out. If you can't feel them, try some Meguiars #9, it is a little stronger than ScratchX and has light diminishing (meaning they break down) abrasives.