Attn K-Mart shoppers - Price Check on Isle 3

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by itwasntme, Feb 7, 2008.

1. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

First lemme say my MacBook is not going anywhere. I really just wanted to see what the market would pay for one with this much on it.

This is not for sale, please just help me determine the market value so I can plan for the future. :)

Thousands in extras which I unfortunately paid retail for so lot's of $$$ invested in this book.

Comes with Original Box, Paperwork, TWO MAGSAFE ADAPTERS ($180 value), DVI to Video Adapter ($20 extra), Original Tiger Intel install disk, Apple Remote Control, Original Combo Drive included, Original 512 mb RAM included, two extra Magsafe cords/wall plugs.

Here's the part you can kick the tires on, I know we have a lot of bargain shoppers and torrent guys, but most people do indeed pay retail. Proof? Companies are still in business. All my programs are legally registered. So here's the list with the prices expected to pay at any retail outlet storefront.
    I'm not interested in what you can get it for, that's not the point. I know RAM can fluctuate in price by 80% depending on where you get it for one example, but mine has the price stickers on it from best buy so let's just go with what the rest of the world pays for it, eh?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

why the fuck did you not get a macbook pro?

3. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

MacBook was DOA needing a HD and came along at a very convenient price which allowed me to buy more software.

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i doubt you'll get more than $1200 for it

5. Jkuao

Jkuao New Member

So why did you need Media Center on a notebook?

Like most people said, you won't get much for it. Think most people would have bought a more robust system before dropping that kind of software on there. You'd be better off cleaning the notebook and parting out the software assuming the licensing works that way.

6. Suazo

Suazo New Member

$7,000?

wow...

7. assclown

assclown Active Member

To be honest, I doubt anyone would pay for all the extra software. They may not need any/all of it and these days they would probably download it for free :hs:

I know if I purchased a used laptop with all that software on it, the first thing I would do is format :o

8. ROFLCORE

ROFLCORE Guest

What.

In the fuck?

9. Euclid

Euclid New Member

I think you could pull 600 or 700 for the laptop. The amount that you paid for it is meaningless, what matters is what other people would be willing to pay for it second-hand.

If the software licensing allows for you to sell it, which is a very big and unlikely if, then you might be able to get 75% of the retail price.

10. volumecontrol

volumecontrol New Member

The software doesn't matter, I can get all that for free on torrents. Fact is, the laptop only cost $1100 originally...and it's second hand....I'd say you would be lucky to get the full $1100 for it. :hs:

11. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

$950 prob

12. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

your best off removing the software and selling the software license separately.

13. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

14. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

i feel as though if i tried to run all that shit on my macbook it would explode

15. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

Oh.... totally forgot I had Aperture 1.5 and Shake 4. Added that to the list. Guess it was actually closer to $8000.00

How would I sell the software alone? Just call and have them unregister it?

16. dmora

dmora Guest

no body PURCHASED AND INSTALLED:
    Leopard 10.5.1
    Parallels
    iLife '06
    iWork '08
    Adobe Photoshop Elements
    Final Cut Pro Studio 5
    Adobe Creative Suite Design 2
    Logic Studio Pro 8
    Microsoft Office 2008 Full Edition
    Adobe LightRoom with plug ins
    Apple Aperture 1.5
    Apple Shake 4

I'd put money on it.

No body puts $10k of pro software on a web browsting only lap top.

I'm sure you downloaded all that shit tho.

17. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

$20 for office 08 orig disk + codes.

18. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

Nice, that's why I asked how to unregister it and sell it, right? I happen to own e-business's and rather than pay $20,000 to a tech to build my sites and MAINTAIN them over a 5 yr period I decided to do it myself. If anything changes on the server I can be compatible in an hour or less with no tech support and no paying some kid who DID D/L the software to do it for me. :wiggle: No need to buy a monster machine as I only use it maybe 4 times per year for site upgrades.

My question was hypothetical for the non existent sale.... just gathering info if I ever do decide to bail out. I like options.

If I need to do some work I simply plug into my 36" LCD and get to it...... The only thing I shouldn't have bought is Final Cut Pro 5. I wanted to edit movies for Xmas and holidays that the family would be able to have that looked better than a home movie, but it was a bit overkill.