LGBT ATTN: Investment Queers

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, Jul 21, 2004.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

PlanetOut Inc. is planning to go public and invites its members to participate through an Internet Sale Program managed by WR Hambrecht + Co.

-- To participate in the IPO through the Internet Sale Program, you must have an account at WR Hambrecht + Co.

-- To open an account with WR Hambrecht + Co please go to the WR Hambrecht + Co web site. http://www.wrhambrecht.com/planetout

-- To find out more about this offering go to the WR Hambrecht + Co web site. http://www.wrhambrecht.com/planetout

Best regards,

[​IMG]

Matthew Regan
    Director of Brokerage Services
    WR Hambrecht + Co

Important details about the PlanetOut IPO:

The issuer: PlanetOut Inc.
    Description of the company: PlanetOut Inc is a global online media company serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered, or LGBT, community.

Expected size of offering: 4,650,000 million shares of common stock.
    Shares are being offered by the company.
    Targeted price range: $12.00 - $14.00
    Expected symbol: LGBT
    Lead Managing Underwriter: SG Cowen & Co., LLC

This announcement is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the securities. Only the prospectus makes the offering. Copies of the preliminary prospectus may be obtained by:

Visiting on the web: http://www.wrhambrecht.com/planetout

Writing to: WR Hambrecht + Co, P.O. Box 677, Berwyn PA 19312-0677

Calling: 1-800-673-6476

A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission but has not yet become effective. These securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This communication shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state.

No offer to buy the securities can be accepted and no part of the purchase price can be received until the registration statement has become effective, and any such offer may be withdrawn or revoked, without notice of its acceptance given after the effective date. An indication of interest in response to this advertisement will involve no obligation or commitment of any kind.

WR Hambrecht + Co is a member NASD/SIPC.

_____
    This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this message or its content to any other person and any such actions may be unlawful. Electronic mail sent through the Internet is not secure.

WR Hambrecht + Co (WRH+Co) does not accept time sensitive, action-oriented messages or transaction orders, including orders to purchase or sell securities, via email.

WRH+Co reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this email address. Messages sent to or from this email address may be stored on the WRH+Co email system.

Please do not reply to this email.

This e-mail was produced by PlanetOut Inc., P.O. Box 500, San Francisco, CA 94104-0500 ...and posted on Queer OT by the wonderful CoCo.

2. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Anyone think this would be a positive investment?

3. Killgunner

Killgunner Guest

I thought Queer was a negative term when it came to being used as a homosexual person?

4. NOVAJock

It is and it isn't. It's kind of like the use of the word fag. Usually when it a straight person calls a gay person a "fag" in most cases, it's used in a derogatory sense, same as the word "nigger". However, gays call each other fags and it's cool. Just like black people can call other black people "niggers" and it's ok because of how they're using the word.

I call some of my friends, "Marthas" or...I'll say something like...."you are such a fucking fag." Etc. :rofl:

5. Killgunner

Killgunner Guest

I say that to my str8 friends sometimes... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

"shut up fag *laugh*"

Is that wrong?

6. CoCo

...nope, it's been reclaimed. It can still be used in a hurtful way, buut for the most part, those in the community use it a lot. By definition, it means deviation from the accepted and majority norm. To a queer theorist, it refers to anyone who steps outside of heteronormativity.

7. Killgunner

Killgunner Guest

Excellent explaination.
    *Steps out for a smoke*

8. NOVAJock

I don't know. It's not really my place to say what's right and wrong. To me, the term "fag" indicates a nelly queen and in most cases, the use of the word, is derogatory, or negative. :o

9. CoCo

uhh, yea... Unless he is queer and doesn't feel threatened/insulted by it. It's one of those socially acceptable by proxy things.

10. NOVAJock

heteronormativity? :eek3: Let's try heteronormality. :bigthumb:

11. CoCo

...nope.

12. CoCo

...first, lemme fix that statement...

And then, let me add that if a non-black person is cool with the group of black people, and is considered 'black by proxy' that white person can also use the term and not get socially eradicated.

Similarly, non LGBT peoples who have a queer understanding (liiiike Sonic) can use fag and similar words without complaint or incident.

13. Killgunner

Killgunner Guest

Oh and a I hate black people too.

kidding?

14. CoCo

"?"

15. Killgunner

Killgunner Guest

I was kidding

:hug:

16. CoCo

17. Killgunner

Killgunner Guest

From what I have gathered living in a mostly black small town in Texas, there are some non black people who hang out with black people that can use said certain words.

But on the other hand, I think it is a dumb thing to say if your black or not.
    It originated in a distasteful manner and should be kept away from common chatter.

Oh and don't give me those big eyes CoCo or I'll Three Stooges Style poke them out.

18. NOVAJock

Personally, I agree 100%. :o

19. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Queen Bee

well alot of words that originated as hurtful become words that are used everyday... I think in a way it's a good thing though. Words can only hurt you if you let them, and for people to take degrading words and use them in their everyday speech with each other in a non degrading way... to me it makes them less effective when someone tries to use them in a hurtful way.
    Even the word Christian used to be a put down. But now it represents an entire Religion. Early Christians took the word that was meant as a put down and they used it as a badge of honor.

I think that is the direction we are going in also. Queer, fag, dyke, whatever, they used to be these awful hurtful words. But to me the fact that we are able to laugh at them and even use them with each other shows that they are losing their hurtful connotations.

20. CoCo

:rofl: :wiggle: