ATTN: Houston car owners II

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Lasu, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Lasu

Lasu 2.0

Nov 16, 2001
    I am buying my first car here in Houston. Finally have a job where I have some decent income. (I'm in college right now). I need some advice or insight into what kind of car to buy, and where to look. It's going to be a used car. :hs:

I'm looking for a reliable car to get me back and forth from Kingwood to Univ. of Houston...I am looking to spend max $4000 if possible.

These are priority for me when choosing the car:

1) Reliability
    2) Mileage
    3) A/C
    4) Fun to drive.
    5) Manual tranny.
    6) Looks

Well, what do you all think?
  2. Boosted98gsx

Boosted98gsx New Member

Jul 27, 2002

You're not likely to find what you listed for under $4k. Sacrifice some things to get others. you want fun? get a first gen turbo eclipse/talon/laser try to find an AWD. But you'll have to sacrifice reliability. if you want reliable, you'll have to sacrifice speed, then i'd say get an hon-duh.
  3. In that price range it is going to be tough. Pick-up an Autotrader and flip through it, you're looking at something like a Del Sol or SER. You might be able to find an MkIII GTI.

4. nuWest

nuWest Guest

wanting to spend that much money you might want to take a look into an older civic 92-93 or a second gen integra 90-93. if you are really interested, you might want to visit or see what they have in the forsale forums.