FRK attn: freakyshiat (or any) lurkers, link to an important thread inside

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 12xalt, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

*link doesn't work anymore, was pruned out with the rest of the old dead threads in the main forum*

basic idea was that Fazle would like the lurkers to post a little more and give back to the OT community a little bit

No, Fazle doesn't want you to postwhore, but he would like those who use the board to be an actual active member on it.

I'd really hate to loose any of you because of your lack of readable activity here.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2004
  2. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

:( I've resigned myself to not making it to 100.

3. Tovarizzle

Tovarizzle Guest

Yikes. Considering I only post in FS, I've not really had a chance to make it that high. Is there any way to make a personal plea for my account's life even if I don't make it to 100 by the deadline?

*looks over at 50-something posts, shakes in fear*

-Tovarizzle, timidly staring at the virtual gallows

4. sessyducky

sessyducky Guest

thats crap! this is the only thread im actually on OT for.... i dont post anywhere besides and because of me being gone for a year and my user name along with my post count being deleted.... and having to make a new one.... im now going to lose my account?!?!?! :rant2:

5. Tovarizzle

Tovarizzle Guest

Eh, I hope there's some amnesty for those that only chill in one section of the boards. It's a sad day in the land of FS... :wtc:

6. sessyducky

sessyducky Guest

yea really... i hope so.... i love this place and i dont want to be deleted....

7. Tovarizzle

Tovarizzle Guest

For some reason, as soon as you said that you didn't want to be deleted, I pictured Agent Smith from the Matrix running up and doing the little absorby thingy to you. I wonder if Fazle could hire the guy who kinda looks like Smith from the Pic thread to do that, so we could at least go out with a laugh.

/At 1am, pretty much anything's funny

On the bright side, maybe this will liven FS up for a while. Some of the Semi-Lurkers like me coming out of the woodwork to post a bit more might not be a bad thing. Get to see some new people and such.

Just a thought..

8. sessyducky

sessyducky Guest

true true... altho it just sucks when u had to start all over with posts and then have a threat of being deleted... :wtc:

altho the hiring a guy that looks like smith... could be cool....

9. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

I think we're pretty much screwed... assuming that post was from yesterday we've maybe got till Fazle wakes up...

10. Tovarizzle

Tovarizzle Guest

Let's hope we've got a little more time to wake up and become contributing citizens than that.

If not, maybe we can start a Freakyshiat Exiles club or something. "The Ship of Lost Lurkers", and sail around picking up other people booted from forums :p

-Tovarizzle, Who is starting to understand how Dostoevsky felt and will soon beg for the Mercy of Tsar Fazle II.

11. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

I kinda feel we're getting screwed for not posting inane crap.. I don't really go into the main OT forum... more low traffic forums with better (IMO) discussions like this and Science & Tech.

12. armbarred

armbarred New Member

I don't post often anywhere, but FS is why I joined... and there is no hope of hiting 100 at all... I'm so screwed.

13. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

I just hope he doesn't say...."lets get rid of people under 1000" ...that'd be a sad day for me :wtc:

And I think most of you guys have time to get to 100...I dont think he's doing it within a day or two... :dunno:

14. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

I put in a plea for people who appear to be lurkers, but that indeed really do post, they just have a low post count because they only post here or in other slower moving forums. Many of you do contribute and do post, it's just so small because we are so low key here.

I don't want to loose any of you that do in fact get involved in the threads here.

15. Thadius

Thadius Too depressed for his own good

hrmmmm i'm screwed.. I was a lurker. now trying to be an active poster :/ not cool

16. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

if everyone was a lurker, there'd be no OT, nothing to see

I can see his view, he's not asking anyone to be a postwhore, just to contribute to the place that you lurkers seem to like so well

I really don't think it's a lot to ask really. I mean, if you're already here, what's a post or two a day gonna hurt you?

17. Shifta

Shifta Guest

I haven't been on here long but check the forums daily now instead of the once a week I used to. I think I am screwed too - :( I don't even know how many posts I've made - I guess I'll find out when I hit Post......

18. Shifta

Shifta Guest

Holy crap - only 16! I do suck. If you let me stay I will write more.......

19. melda2m

melda2m Guest

This is my favorite fourm too. I am probably screwed too. sigh....

20. MazdaMP

MazdaMP Guest

bye bye

21. Tovarizzle

Tovarizzle Guest

Thanks for the Advocacy. I'm trying to post where I can, but I'm still not quite sure that I'll make it before Zero Hour.

22. Crazy88s

Crazy88s Guest

better start posting.........

23. Tovarizzle

Tovarizzle Guest

I hope that 101 is enough to not get cut. I had to wade out into the main forum, luckily there were some threads that I could say something constructive and not be all postwhorey in. I have enjoyed posting more in FS, so I think I'll try and be a bit more present here in the land of FS. I'm still not sure I'm ready to move into the big scary main forums yet.

Good luck to all the other FS'ers who are post counting. I'm rooting for you!

24. Natas

Natas O&A Party Rock

if you can, buy a subscription, or a one time deal, and just pick your posts in the main forum. Obviously you're not going to get flamed in here. When I first joing OT, it was just as bad. I picked the right posts to contribute in, I never started threads for a LONG time. I also went to Boston meets and met most of the New England Crew. Good luck!

25. sessyducky

sessyducky Guest

it just sucks.... i went to a meet even before i joined OT and meet alot of the really cool people that post in here.. thats what i heard about FS ie the only reason why i joined. i dont really care of any of the other sections... i guess ill just have to post in the other ones for awhile to get my post count up...

quick question... if i get a subscription he wont delete me then right??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.