ATTN: EVERYONE, tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by cavefish, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Since I'm the only sherrif in town right now (and will be for the time being), I'd like to get everyones input on what they think should be done around here. Do you like the way its being run? Do you think it should be more serious, less serious, have more strict rules, etc. Should flaming be allowed to go on or should it be shut down at the first signs? I personally like to let people air their differences out as long as they stay mature about it.

Not that I'll take all these suggestions and implement them right away but I would like to get a general consensus of how people here feel about the place. You saw the problems we have recently but I think things will calm down now and we'll have more "good fellowship."

Anyhow, holla at me.

2. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

I think flaming should be allowed just as long as it doesn't turn into everyone ganging up on someone or people following others into threads just to start something. But for the most part, I'm pretty content with how it is right now.

3. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Seems fine as is. Can't stop stupidity all the time.

4. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

flaming should be allowed....the internet is supposed to be entertaining....

noob attacks need to stop.....there is no reason to flame for true ignorance

also this is one of the most haterish forums when it comes to people posting progress pics......that should stop

if someone makes a statement they should be willing to back it up with some sort of reference. Too many newbs being told to do this and that b/c xxxx does it and he's fuckin' huuuge. That shit should stop.

The thing I would like to see most if the above isn't an option is like an "advanced f&n" or something of that nature. Where more exercise science and less animal pak goes on. I think the advanced sub-forum should have a ton of articles and reference links. I think it should be devoted to hypertrophy training as much as powerlifting with some focus being given us sport specific lifters. Anyone else like to see something like this?

5. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

6. Nitromike

Nitromike Abused cabbage patch kid

:werd:

7. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

Stop the mindless hate, but i think the blunt honestly is needed.

Example of blunt honesty:
    "omg i can't gain weight but i don't want to go to the gym or eat a lot help!"
    "Shut up you fucking pussy, eat and lift!"

8. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

Hell yes :bigthumb:

9. jonno

jonno New Member

i like the way it is. i think we could be more informative to the newbs but that's about the only suggestion i have.
    i think it's cool how we can joke around/not be serious all the time. it's funny as hell to see some people here fight too :rofl:

10. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

people fight on F&N? :hsugh:

it seems to have gotten better as of late. one of the things i think needs to be changed was mentioned above and that is that when someone comes in with a serious question and has provided background information, has the right attitude, etc should be given good advice rather than "do 45000 crunches per hour." also, not giving shitty advice about dosages for supplements/everything else. flaming should definitely still be allowed, but blatant flaming of bb vs. pl is getting old.

11. Zika

Zika My avatar is still NOT me

I like it the way it is. It's not as jam packed busy as main off topic and we still have a fair amount of good threads.

There is really nothing more to report or inform than the sticky's/archives don't already answer. The last even remotely ground breaking fitness thing was the PH ban....most threads now are just critigue my pics, general gym tales and n00b questions which are answered easily.

It's a good forum...I'd probably even still visit if i stopped working out

12. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

ahh yes, we also need to have more people active in the morning between 7 and 12. i'm at work from 7-3:30 and no one is on early enough for me. the fucking day draaaaagggggss by when there are 2 new replies per hour. GET UP EARLIER FUCKERS

13. jonno

jonno New Member

argue.. sorry :rolleyes:

14. shastaisforwinners

oh, and posting a thread about the BN order you just placed/recieved should result in a week suspension :)

For those of you that do it - no one cares. Really.

15. gsteclipse97

gsteclipse97 New Member

i honestly dont know what needs to be done to clean up the place. all i know is that 6 months ago this was th only place i came, i learned a lot from everyone about pl, bb, nutrition etc and had a good time flaming, joking, etc. now it seems like anytime i come here its just a cluster fuck of messin around etc. not much seriousness to the place and the whole pl vs bb shit kinda took the place over.

maybe we should have seperate forums for pl and bb??

16. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

read chris' thread in mod corner when he was stepping down. i posted my input in there, & a link to a big thread in here from a few months back where i went off on what i think should be done.

i've been on this board for like 5 years now, & only came here for this forum, i want it to be good. i'm not gonna mod here, but i wanna help out.

17. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

there would be about 2 threads a week if weren't for supplement questions, bulk nutrition orders and 2 week progress threads....

18. stealthrapt0r

stealthrapt0r me lift weights

i like it the way it is

19. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

I would really like to see a F&N banter subforum. That way when there is a thread that is not as useful as it should be, you can just move it there instead of closing it down completely. This way it will be the best of both worlds, we get to have some fun without cluttering up what could be really useful info.

20. Mojo

Mojo New Member

flaming should be allowed as long its an educational post.

none of that "GTFO loser" bs.
    when i joined these forums (F&N), i didnt feel comfortable at all cause i was getting flamed in the ass. but at the same time, i was getting flamed cause i was learning the hard way and whatnot. but if its a direct insult without a point, then that shouldnt be allowed.

but i think its great to go hard on someone cause if your working out, need to take it like a man anyways lol.

other than that, i kinda like the way it is besides the stupid post... mainly the morons who post 1 smiley face (IE::hsugh: )

21. Zika

Zika My avatar is still NOT me

Or instead of locking banter threads or threads that get a lot of flaming, just move em to main OT

22. shastaisforwinners

:mamoru: true

I'm fine with supplement questions, I just hate the ones like "I just got my BN order and Mike gave me a free shirt!!! Here's pics of my bag of ON and CEE" Ugh

23. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

exempt is the word you are trying to use.

like I said before.....a subforum full of serious conversation and really good training resources would free the main f&n from having to be so strict, and more bs could be tolerated. The drama is what keeps forums going, sucks to admit it but it is truth.

24. shastaisforwinners

It clutters up the forum and pushes good posts off of the first page, never to be seen again. I don't bother clicking on them, but it's still a pain in the ass to wade through all them to find a decent thread.

25. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

I vote keep the forum the same, but with 10x the clusterfuckage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.