COMIC Attn: Cowboy Bebop people

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Trungtastic, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

What happened at the end of the series? I need closure!

And where does the movie fit in?

Thanks

I<3URANUS likes this.
  2. TerryMathews

TerryMathews Guest

The movie lies right between episodes 23 (Brain Scratch) and episode 24 (Hard Luck Woman).

It's just a two-hour long episode; nothing important happens plot-wise. It's still a good episode as it's really the last time you see the crew so happy.

What happens in the end is that Spike kills Vicious. Whether Vicious kills Spike or not is still up for debate. Common sense at least suggests 'yes', but Wantabe has mentioned in interviews that Spike may come back, so who knows.

3. baboymo

baboymo Have you been circumcised?

You really should watch it for yourself. Our words do NOT describe how great the series finale is.

4. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

I got the entire series off ebay and watched it, I just wasnt sure if I was missing something about the ending

:hs:

I<3URANUS likes this.
  5. saddest moment in anime... I loved him.... Oh well, always watch it again ::pops in Session 1::

6. NeoPokle

NeoPokle Active Member

it was the first anime I watched... I've seen the whole series beginning to end 2 or 3 times. Such a great show

7. MrQuotes

MrQuotes Guest

my feeling is that he had to die.
    it was the only way for the story to come full circle, and for all the themes throughout the entire series to have any purpose.

8. Irom

Irom OT Supporter

If you understood the symbolism, you'd know he was really dead. Remeber the story Spike told Jet about the orange cat? About how it lived a million lives, died a million deaths, and only really died after he lost the white cat he loved. Spike died a million deaths, what with being thrown out of church windows and blown up by crazy clown assasins. But he really only died once he lost Julia. There's references to this all over the series. Like the kid in sympathy for the devil that couldn't die and so on. Plus there's that whole thing about the guardian star and the birds that flew away after Julia died.

9. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

Strangely enough I think this movie is going to go the same way a lot of people saw the western Shane, there is a large group of people that believe the main character died at the end of that, as well as a group that think he lived. Both views are supported and can be seen as valid, personally I think Spike lived, the death was the death of his past that he had been still carrying with him until that day, he was finally free with no past and just a future. Then again that's just me, Spike was my thug.

10. MrQuotes

MrQuotes Guest

after watching the series over and over again several times
    and paying close attention to all the symbolism and parralells through the whole show
    i have no choice but to think spike died

11. Irom

Irom OT Supporter

Yeah, there's clues dropped throughout the series that Spike was going to die. Too many to mention.

12. Possum Stomper

Possum Stomper The Great Bird of the Galaxy

well said

13. TerryMathews

TerryMathews Guest

Yeah, I got the symbolism, thanks. Can you read?

14. MrQuotes

MrQuotes Guest

who says they have to take place after bebop?
    they can be manga or anime that extend the story of the series
    or maybe even OVA about his time in the Red Dragon (something ive wanted to see)

15. TerryMathews

TerryMathews Guest

"Spike's story will probably continue". Continue implies future, not past.

16. nebulous

nebulous all it took was a blow to the head OT Supporter

I dunno. Part of what made Cowboy Beebop so great is that they ended it without draggging it out too long like what seems to happen with every other anime. The fact that it was so short makes it more beautiful. Like a flash of lightning or the last glimmer of the sun when as it is setting, its fleeting nature lends it a greater power and mystery.

17. anjego

anjego Invading your economy!

where do i get the entire series? it's not for sale on amazon or any place else i can find :hs:

18. Gunna

Gunna OT Supporter

re soundTRack??

anyone the names of the guys who did music for the series if so pray tell

19. baboymo

baboymo Have you been circumcised?

Yoko Kanno was the composer for Cowboy Bebop, she's probably the ONLY one that I know of.

She's currently working on Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Second GIG), her soundtracks are some of the BEST I've ever heard (Macross Plus is where I first found out about her).