Attn: Car Audio Gurus...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by four-bangin', Apr 3, 2005.

1. four-bangin'

four-bangin' New Member

I drive a 99 Honda Accord LX coupe 4banger. I have an Alpine CDA-9813 (w/ vdrive :hs: ) and am looking into replacing my stock speakers w/ quality but reasonably-priced ones. No amp or subs, just the basics. I'm specifically looking for some 6.5" components for the front and 6x9 midbass for the back (I'm having trouble finding some 6x9 midbass speakers by the way, do these even exist?). I'd like these speakers to have around 40-50 RMS with good sensitivity. My budget is around the area of 120 per pair. :x: Suggestions?

2. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

Rainbow Audio Sounline series.

3. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Are those really only $120/pair? Sorry, I guess I don't have any recommendations for you since I don't usually look around that price range. But, I would look at products from Boston Acoustics, Polk Audio, and Infinity around that range as a place to start. There are tons of speakers in that price range, so go to the store and listen to them and see if you like what you hear.

4. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

The boston FX series is that price rnage, and isn't bad. Not component... but a 120 speaker probally wont be :p

5. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

The Soundline speakers by Rainbow are not that expensive. But then again it depends on dealer.