A&P ATTN: Canon S70 Users

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Straight_Six, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Straight_Six

Straight_Six Guest

I've been looking around for a digicam and this is the camera I'm most seriously considering.

I've seen some sample pics on websites, but have yet to see good examples of night shots and macro shots. Also, please let me know your opinion of the camera, what you had intended for it, and whether its fulfilled these intentions.

I'm on the borderline between a Canon G6 and the S70 right now and I'm leaning towards the s70 because of its compactness. How versatile do you find the S70 with making manual adjustments?

TIA

edit: Post pics of macro and night shots from S70:x:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2004
  2. mojito

mojito New Member

its not all that compact. A little more so than the G6, but I'd go for the G6 because of a better lens and more features, as well as better battery life.

3. sony

sony Active Member

I have the S70. This post is written under the assumption that the cameras are basically the same.

If you want a camera to take point and shoot pictures of for fun, to carry it around when you and your friends go out, the S70 will be a good camera. Its durable (it feels like a brick in terms of build quality and actual weight) but in the end, the G6 will be a much better camera in terms of quality of images and manual controls.

The s50 is barely small enough to fit in the cell phone pocket of my dickie's shorts. Its easier to carry around than the G series cameras and its invaluable for me to own a point and shoot I can lug around and still have some kind of control over.

The G series is a better ramp towards DSLRs though. It has a better lens, like viper said, hot-shoe for Canon EOS flashes, etc. Theres a ton more versatility and flexibility in the G series imo. ;)

Both are good cameras though.