ATTN: "Bodybuilders"

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by G-n-P, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

Have you read this and can you explain why something out of "arnolds bible" would be a better training program. I am just curious to the logic behind no real periodization, all hit and high volume training.

link

this isn't meant to start a flame war, I just wanted to start a thread that had potential to actually spark an intellegent debate. So stay on topic, and stick to specific critiques of the article, not the writer or the posters in the thread. I know this isn't new material, but neither is hit and it seems to be the norm here.

what about Doggcrapp training?

what about HST?

im out to go train....

2. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I think the workouts in Arnolds Bible are crap, well the "Advanced" ones anyway.

Unless you're a freak and juiced to the gills.

3. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

I never followed anyone specific ideas, I take a little from each for myself. The t nation article is a bunch of fancy words that BB'ers have been doing forever. I have been doing low-medium-high days for years and its always worked well.

As for arnolds bible :rofl: thats all i got for that one

Doggcrap is nothing special, it works but i never liked it. I dont like half ass movements, wasnt for me

I did like trevor smiths beyond failure stuff but it was only good for 6-8 weeks before your burnt out to shit (at least i was)

Thats a good t nation article though...hate to say it

4. Fabian

Fabian Active Member

I personally don't use the bible for it's routines. As a n00b I liked it because it illustrated lots of effective excercises and all the rest of it was good to read. :dunno:

5. milani

milani "The best activities for your health are pumping a

CT's articles (when they don't have tons of plugs for supplements), are great articles. This is something that I was talking about in the last big trainwreck thread about the 320lb hulk, where you could get the best of both worlds, strength/power building and bodybuilding by cycling powerlifting/bodybuilding routines. However, you probably could not maximize them both. You would reach a happy medium.

EDIT: Also, HST can be good for some people. It was not good for me. Some people get great results though. I guess it depends on the person, diet, etc.

And I have never done dogcrapp, but I have skimmed the articles...

6. pt

pt New Member

I've heard that there is even a part in the "bible" where they admit that it is a routine aimed at juicers ?

:dunno:

7. cavefish

No Arnold never acknowledges any steroid use by him or anyone else. He also talks about the IFBB's drug policy which is good for a laugh.

8. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

The t-nation article seems cool, I like just sticking to the basics though, I should switch it up... either go westside or maybe the pendelum

9. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

"In an interview aired on ABC last Sunday, Schwarzenegger raised eyebrows when he again acknowledged that he had legally taken steroids during his bodybuilding career, under a doctor's supervision. While strongly warning competitors away from such drugs, he also said he had no regrets about his past steroid use."

link

and here

and i'm sure many other places

10. SteveO

SteveO Guest

:2004:

oh nevermind, just old news

11. pt

pt New Member

That seriously takes balls of steel (as a politician). He's certainly no saint, but he gets my vote for prez.

12. cavefish

Uh...I was talking about in the book in response to pt. Maybe I should've specified that.

13. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

ah, i missed pt's post. i was sitting here thinking "wtf, how does cavefish not know this?"

14. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

I just don't see a lot of variation in peoples routines, and I see way too much volume for most guys who are natural. I never reall like the layout of hst, and dogg annoys me to no end, but honestly if you are working to induce hypertrophy wouldn't you want to get as many tearing and rebuilding cycles in as short a time as possible. I know I would. If I were mainly concerned with hypertrophy I would be a 1 work set follower I think.

As far as the pendulum training, it is basically a well laid out "westside" for bodybuilders, in the sense that it uses a non linear periodization scheme and puts training focus on different aspects of development in the same cycle. As far as what aspects you choose to train, that is probably a decision that should be made looking at your aesthetic weaknesses.

15. edmang

edmang New Member

I came across this application of conjugate periodization for bodybuilding. It was from the forum of ruggedmag.com

This link is pretty much the same thing. http://www.ironlife.com/mag/issue12/power.shtml

16. edmang

edmang New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.