ATTN: All the people who were dissapointed with The Matrix

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by FusionITR, May 17, 2003.

1. FusionITR

FusionITR New Member

Let me ask you one question? What the hell were you expecting from the movie? IMHO you guys are just hopping on the bandwagone and that would of hated anything that came out of that movie, you guys are making dumb reasons why you dont like the movie.

So I ask again, what did you guys expect out of a #2 film of a trilogy?

2. JustGod

JustGod New Member

I expected the best movie evAr.

3. phatmonky

phatmonky Guest

http://otbackup.net/viewtopic.php?t=3269&highlight=&sid=e6ec7d941f1d4cf69065cbdba6bd71b4

Says the guy who thinks he's so intelligent

4. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

I didn't expect anything - i avoided all the hype. I saw a movie, i didn't like the movie.

I guess you could say i wasn't dissapointed, because i didn't expect anything in the first place.

5. SickOfItAll

SickOfItAll The Bartender

6. phatmonky

phatmonky Guest

Kind of ironic that such a statement against the rest is preceeded by "I dont get half of religious implications either, same thing with the philisocpical undertones. " :o

7. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

i thought it was too much kung fu and too little mindfuck plot twist. and also some really shitty/cheese acting/script (morpheus' speach, council of zion, rave scene, "wheres my puss..oh", etc etc)

8. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

it didn't live up to the predictions it made at the end of the original, the phone call "i'm going to show these people a world without you".

the oracle talks about how all the evil things you see in the world, vampires, ghosts, etc are actually just programs designed to protect shit, then when he has to face one its just a human and he uses his kung fu again.

neo is supposed to be all knowing in the matrix now, and yet he still fights the smith's with kung fu, why?

9. FusionITR

FusionITR New Member

1. About the post on otbackup, so what if i dont understand all the philisopical and religious undertones of the movie - its still great and makes you analyize the movie even more after you see it and makes good watercooler discussion/debate with your friends. I rather than than the movie just have some simple plot and everybody understand everything.

2. I didnt like the rave scene either, only thing I was actually disapointed with in the movie.

3. You guys STILL havent told me what you guys didnt like about it and what you were disapointed with, and what you expected out of a #2 movie of a trilogy.

10. Rev Happy

Rev Happy Active Member

The dance sex celebration scene was one of the most important in the entire film. Its point was simple: to the raw and powerful sense of humanity. To show the viewer the power of mankind united in celebration one last time, and that there was something worth fighting for. The human spirit and undying hope is embraced in this film. Without it what is the point of saving Zion.