GUN ATTN AB13: How'd your match go Sunday?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phrozenlikwid, Oct 13, 2008.

1. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Tell me you got some pics/vid Nga!

I want to see how that GSG ran.

*edit* Or Market Garden..... Sorry to leave you out there bud; You were planning on shooting it weren't you?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  2. :wtc:

It was awesome. AB has some video that I can't wait to see. There were only 12 shooters, hopefully this event will grow and we can get more people. I managed to do ok.

3. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

If I was even reasonably close to you guys I would have made the trip. I think rimfire stuff would be a crazy amount of fun. I can't for the life of me understand why it isn't done around here.

Unfortunately, leaving Wednesday-Thursday to shoot a match Sunday is kinda hard for me to pull off.

4. Where do you live?

5. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Northern Ky. It'd be quite the hike, and all my buddy passes that I've scored from people are used up until the 1st.

6. We had some stages that definitely favored rifle shooters, and some that favored pistol shooters. They were all a ton of fun. One of the stages was all steel, and that was pretty cool. We had some of the steel that the cowboy action guys use, a bunch of little silhouettes and a rotating star with 5 plates on it. Those little silhouettes are harder than you would think to hit quickly.

7. Yeah, that would be quite a trip.

8. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I assume you used your 10/22, and AB shot his GSG?

What pistols were you guys running?

9. Correct on the rifles. We didn't use pistols. The match was either rifle or pistol. It worked out to about 50-50 between people who used pistol and rifle.

There were 2 classes each for rifle and pistol. Open Pistol was anything with optics, hi-caps, or compensators. Standard pistol was anything else. Open rifle was just like Open pistol, and standard rifle was just like standard pistol. The only catch was that if you shot open rifle, you had to put 2 shots to the chest and 2 to the head of every cardboard target. Every other class just had to put 2 rounds on the target. I designed a stage under the impression that open rifle wasn't required to make separate headshots. It turned out that stage required the open rifle guys to make 18 headshots (9 targets) at 20 yards. :o

10. AB13

AB13 New Member

Dude, that was a blast but I am exhausted. I have the videos still have to edit them up. We had the super squad, lol and I felt like a little kid out there with free roam of the range.

I did some modifications to my GSG and I'm glad I tested it as it turns out I put the ejector in incorrectly. After I fixed the ejector it ran and ran and ran. I think I had the only rifle that didn't have any malfunctions of any kind.

After we tore down we broke out some other toys and got to shoot around some more. Then as soon as I got home I had to take my girls out shopping and for some Sushi. I came home and crashed out.

I'll get the videos up tonight. I got my open gun sighted in and I going to finally bring it out for some fun.

11. chakup

chakup Guest

What kind of match was this?

12. It was a .22LR match. We used IDPA targets and IDPA scoring, but we ran the match like a USPSA match.

13. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Ari- MG came home and passed out too! Luckily his friend coerced him into bringing the grill over to the new house first. Finally, my baby's where it should be!

14. AB13

AB13 New Member

CONGRATS ON THE NEW CRIB!

How exciting getting all of that set up. Arranging, rearrange, and even more rearranging. Tossing out old stuff and getting new stuff. I don't think I finally got all of my stuff in my house and had all of the rooms actually situatuated and furnished until a year after I moved in. lol

15. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Hopefully we get that done before a year, but it's going to take a while. MG already has one of the benches in his "gun room" set up most of the way, and the safe's already in the closet. My goal to have room in the garage to park cars is before Halloween. Considering that we're new to the neighborhood, I don't know what the kids around here like to pull, and I'd rather have both of the vettes inside by then. We'll probably have a housewarming party in a few weeks that you're welcome to come to, but it's kinda out of your way and will be mostly pretty lame people. :mamoru:

16. AB13

AB13 New Member

Hey no problem, send me an invite I'll bring over some bubbly if I'm not shooting that weekend. Good neighborhood or bad, never a good idea to keep your cars parked outside. I had my Navigator broken into the one time I had it parked out front. And we live in a decent neighborhood.

17. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Was this your first match you directed, AB?