Attn: 0498283289498734

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by duggy, Jan 10, 2004.

1. duggy

duggy NRA/GLOCK/BIKE/LAND CRUISER/IT/OG CREW

I know you might get these all days but do you have any suggestions for higher end subs? I got rid of my JL w3v2's today and they hit pretty hard in my truck and in my car but I wanted something that hits harder. I was gonna get some w6v2 or w7 but I wouldn't mind going with something else.

I know everybody talks about the Adire Shiva but I haven't heard it in real life because Tweeter or Mobile one doesn't carry them and I would like to hear them in real life. Same with the IDMAX

Right now I'm running a Rockford Fosgate 400s but I'm thinking that won't be enough for what I'm about to run. I might pick up a JL or the JBL 1000.1 you guys seem to praise.

So what do you think I should go with?

P.S sorry about your name I kinda slaughtered it :)

Thanks in advance.

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

if you can find any NIB still, i'd look for blueprint drivers(they used to make woofers for other companies, like credence does/did for jl audio, kicker, etc..)

3. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

oh and :rofl: @ Attn: 0498283289498734, he's just 04 now.

4. 04

04 Guest

I like Hellbilly's suggestion, I used to have a Blueprint 1803 and it was a fantastic value.

But if you had w3's and you want something louder, a Shiva probably wouldn't be the best choice, as it's about on par with the w3. The 01 series of Blueprint would be roughly equivilent to the w3 as well.

What sized woofers are you looking at, and how much money do you want to spend on each?

5. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Elemental Designs A series, W7 Performance at half the price.

6. duggy

I would like 10"s because I already have the box for it. I could get 12"s. I was looking into the w7's and w6v2's. I'm willing to spend about 350-400 per speaker. Something in the w6 price range.

7. duggy

And I really loved the w3v2's. They never gave me any trouble but I would like something that hits a little bit harder.

8. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

have you heard both? just wondering...

I don't think that they're exactly similar woofers..

9. 04

04 Guest

Maybe one of the ED subs like Glocksrock reccomended? Or a W7 if you can find 2 for 400 dollars each, or brahma's or IDmaxes. Any of those would work great and would get really loud.

10. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I own an elemental designs e15A, and it freaking pounds. I just wish I had the trunk size for a ported box. I have heard W7's, but not in a vehicle. No, they are not similar, but you can get super sound quality out of the A series, and they still get very very loud. 13W7 = 32 mm of xmax while the 15A has 29.1 mm and uses a smaller box, and can handle almost as much power. But it costs $315 while the W7 is upwards of $700. It's your call.

11. duggy

Okay I'll check out the ED's. Do you by any chance know of any retail store where I can listen to them first?

12. GSteg

GSteg Member

the 13w7 has an xmax of about 34mm (dumax verrified, as with the e15a).

If price isn't an issue, i'd jump on the 13w7 in a heartbeat. You'll need to listen to one properly equiped to truely appreciate it's sound quality. :)

13. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I got the 32mm xmax of the W7 straight from the JL website, so I don't know about 34mm but who cares right. As far as listening to eD in a store, you can't. At least not now, they are only sold from the manufacturer so if you want to hear one, you need to find someone that has one and listen to theirs. Also eD's customer service is second to none, they are outstanding and will take great care of you. Plus all their subs carry a three year warranty.

Check out the elemental designs forum, maybe you can find someone there who lives in your area so you can check out their subs.

http://forum.soundillusions.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20