LGBT Attention those in Rhode Island...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, Jun 16, 2004.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Just Announced:
    Margaret Cho added to Stonewall Convention
    [​IMG]

Cho to Headline Saturday Night Gala Stonewall Convention July 23-25
    Great News!

Comedian Margaret Cho will headline the Saturday Night Gala at the Stonewall Democrats National Convention in Providence, Rhode Island.

Join Margaret Cho, along with openly gay Providence Mayor David Cicilline, Congressman Barney Frank, Senator Jack Reed and many others as we kick off the LGBT community’s campaign to elect fair-minded Democrats up and down the ballot, and end the stranglehold this Republican administration has over our country!

Don’t miss your chance to reserve space at Providence 2004!

The convention is a great chance to meet LGBT activists like you, hear speeches from Democratic and LGBT leaders, and learn creative ways to make a difference in the 2004 elections.

If you’re planning on going to the DNC Convention in Boston, Providence gives you the added bonus of a head-start on networking for the week – plus we’ll train you on how you can be the best Boston delegate you can be.

Reserve your space right now. Go to www.stonewalldemocrats.org/convention.html and register, and make your room reservation with the Providence Westin Hotel right away. The room block closes in just a few weeks, and we want to make sure you can take advantage of the great rates we’ve negotiated for you.

If you’ve got questions about the convention or the registration process, don’t hesitate to contact our Convention Director, David Card, at [email protected] or at 202-625-1382.​

2. CoCo

...too bad I can't go.

:wtc:

3. CoCo

I just got this email....

Hi--
    My name is Jon Hoadley. I am an intern with the National Stonewall Democrats (www.stonewalldemocrats.org) and I am trying to find queer student political activists to join the Student Stonewall Network. The goal of the Stonewall Student Network (SSN) is to connect, organize and mobilize Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender student activists and their allies.

SSN has two large projects this summer; the first is getting 500 young voters to National Stonewall Democrats 2004 Convention; the second is gearing up student leaders to help elect fair-minded Democrats in the fall.

The NSD 2004 Convention will be held in Providence, Rhode Island on Friday, July 23 through Sunday, July 25. The convention will serve as a kickoff to the DNC 2004 Convention, being held in Boston starting Monday, July 26. The National College Democrats Convention is also being held in Boston, concurrent with the DNC Convention.

Attending the NSD Convention is a great opportunity for students to get out to New England and catch all three conventions.

To encourage young people to attend the NSD convention, SSN is launching its College Rhodie Trip, a project that is meant to organize groups of students
    to hit the road to Providence.

SSN is asking student leaders to talk to friends, classmates and student group members and organize a trip.

There will be a special student rate for the convention of $20 (for $30 you can also become a full member of National Stonewall Democrats and register
    for the conference). The official convention will be held at the Westin Providence, One West Exchange Street, Providence, RI 02903 (telephone: 401.598.8000). Rooms are $160 a night. I know--that's a lot of money. Bring three other people and split the room. If that doesn't work, feel free to find cheaper lodging. We are even working to find student hosts in Providence. More information is available at www.stonewalldemocrats.org/convention.html.

If you are interested in joining the College Rhodie Trip, or would like more information about being involved with SSN for the rest of the year, please email me at [email protected]

Thank you for your time,
    Jon Hoadley
    National Stonewall Democrats Summer Intern 2004

4. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

Luv huh...

She spends a lot time in Provincetown, MA. I saw her having lunch there once.

5. CoCo

I tried to get her to perform at my college once. It failed through, so we settled for Alix Olsen...
    :wiggle: