Attention 2000GT

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Searcher, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searcher

Searcher New Member

How long were you doing your workout program before you started to see results.......

FYI........The program is kicking ass.......

2. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

send a pm

3. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

The results I saw as far as strength and mass gain were directly a result of the program and my diet - moreso the diet.

I made gains really quick though as most people should as the program is intense. Strength increased perpetually... I recall at the time I was barely squatting 225 for 5 reps - only a month or two after starting the program I was doing multiple sets of 10 reps at 275 with ease and a few reps of 315 - I was eating like a horse though, and really focusing on strength gain.

FYI, about 6 or 7 months into the program I tore a couple discs in my back - this was a result of my ego being larger than my muscle mass, if you are fatigued or not ready for a weight, put it down and work with something that won't cause your body harm. Its a fine line.

4. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

I know youve posted it before, but can you put up your routine again?

5. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

6. Searcher

Searcher New Member

My gains are going up very quickly.......Also I am taking a three day weekend and resting because the program is just brutal.......When you say you were eating like a horse were you eating clean or just whatever you could to get the calories.......

7. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

Good stuff, gains should be noticable. I ate clean, but nothing over the top. Stayed away from too much fat, lots of meat, pasta, cottage cheese. Its not like you are competing on stage anytime soon, so if you wanna have a slice of pizza don't be shy man.

8. hitmikey

hitmikey DRIVEN FROM WITHIN

Don't say that. Za is favorite indulgence :coolugh:

9. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

Just curious, how many reps are you doing with your pyramids 2000GT?

10. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

All my olympic lifts are based on 6 sets of 5 reps regardless of weight. All my heavy days where I squat bench and dead heavy are 5 reps. Everything else is 10 reps.

11. Searcher

Searcher New Member

I have taken the same approach in the reps as what you stated.....The only thing I have really changed is on heavy squat days I do that 5x5 but front squats with 112 kilos.......

I also am doing 6x5 with cleans instead of hang cleans......When I get really tired on the heavy clean day I will do my last two sets doing heavy pulls, the clean movement without bringing it up to the shoulders, with 150 kilos....... Those destroy my traps and calves.......It is crazy how different the olympic stance for cleans is to dead lifts and how little weight I can pull with that narrow of a stance......

Do you ever mix up the order in your routine.....I am thinking about doing that so my strength will be up for all exercises every other week......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.