Attempt to fix my car (S100 help)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Renegade, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

3m Swirl Mark Remover once again just messed things up so I just went to the s100 pre cleaner and wax step. Pre cleaner was easy,

But DAMN man why is it that i apply the wax on a panel and then 5 seconds later im trying to buff it off and some of it just wont come off, and you have to push real hard? Buffing out the Zaino seemed to be a breeze compared to this, any suggestions?

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Are you waiting too long to remove it? Are you waxing outdoors, in direct sunlight?

3. Renegade

Renegade New Member

i fixed the s100 thing, but this swirl remover is killing me, i apply it rub it up and down until i tihnk its dry and then buff it off, but it makes the swirling worse.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

What are you using to apply the 3M Swirl Mark Remover? Using it in the sun is a no no, btw.

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Apply it and buff it off the same way - front to back, the way the wind flows over your car.

6. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

use a buffer if you know how hit it with somne cutting ocmpoiund then some swirl remover start wiht a fresh layer of paint unless you ahve clear coat then do it at yoru own risk

7. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:wtf: are you talking about?

8. vr666

vr666 Guest

what is with all the S100 talk in this forum? Is someone really pushing it hard or something? does someone sell it in here?

I've never even heard of it... and I have visited a few detailing forums in my day.

9. Scottwax

Then I guess you've never been to www.autopia.org which to my knowledge is the largest enthusiast detailing board on the internet. That is where I first found out about S100, which is the motorcycle version of P21S. Several people on that board have used both S100 and P21S and can find no differences in the perfomance or durability. Both products come in the same type of container with the same foam applicator pad.

The reasons I recommend S100 at a good premuim wax to use is that it leaves an amazing shine (placed #1 out off all carnubas in the Guru Reports Wax Test-they tested P21S, by the way), is easy to use; simply wipe on and wipe off, it won't stain rubber or plastic trim, and it is widely available at most Harley Davidson dealerships for $14.99....and one jar will wax at least 20-25 cars.

No that I know of sells it here.

10. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:Owned:

11. vr666

vr666 Guest

not really, but...

anyway thanks for the info man. I wonder why they don't market it for cars too? I'll have to check some out next time I roll by the harley shop.

I've been using meguars gold class just cuz I have it.

12. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

If you would read, you'll see that they do market it for cars.

13. Scottwax

P21S is the version they market for cars, but it is almost always only available in most areas via phone or internet orders. From what I and others can tell, P21S and S100 are the same product. I think it is cheaper for S100 because of the market. You could probably wax a bike 100 times with one jar, so most bikers will never use a whole jar so they aren't going to want to pay as much for the product seeing as they will never use it all.

14. vr666

vr666 Guest

thanks for the heads up Fireman. I guess I should have read that a little closer.

Thanks for all the info on s100