Attachment questionnaire

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Genghis.Tron, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

2. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.33, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.12, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

doesnt really tell me much :dunno:

3. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

It means you're in the "secure" zone in regards to your attachment style in your close (romantic?) relationships.

Interesting survey Andrew, I definitely agree with my results. Did you create it?

4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Nope I didn't :p It's based on a questionnaire validated by Dr. Fraley (can't remember his first name) which is based on questionnaires that existed before.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

that's a lot of reading. how long does this take?

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.67, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.00, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

wat

what is avoidance?

7. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Sweeeeet:

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 1.75, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.00, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

8. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

In avoidance, we simply find ways of avoiding having to face uncomfortable situations, things or activities. The discomfort, for example, may come from unconscious sexual or aggressive impulses.
    Avoidance may include removing oneself physically from a situation. It may also involve finding ways not to discuss or even think about the topic in question.

9. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.83, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.12, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

:dunno: translation please?

10. Lucky Penny

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

11. Lucky Penny

If you guys read below the score given there is a graph and below the graph is an expounded explanation of your results.

12. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

Welp, I've had my daily dose of douche.
    According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.00, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 4.67, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that dismissing people tend to prefer their own autonomy--oftentimes at the expense of their close relationships. Although dismissing people often have high self-confidence, they sometimes come across as hostile or competitive by others, and this often interferes with their close relationships.

13. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 5.88, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.33, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.

I think this is kinda accurate, but as I have never had a "real" relationship prior to my current one I think it may be scewed.

14. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.82, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.11, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

15. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I got a 4.00 in Anxiety and a 1.30 in Avoidance

16. D7

D7 OT Supporter

I think mine is pretty accurate

I think they should re-word one of their questions that says "I like to spend a lot of time with my partner" when I think they are really asking "I feel that I need to spend a lot of time with my partner". Obviously I like his company so I answered accordingly but I think the scoring on that question is based on needing to spend time with my partner.

17. Reign

Reign Banned

4.00 in anxiety, 3.00 in avoidance.

However, not being in a realtionship, I had to base my answers off my last LTR which I have learned much from.

18. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

This is a good indicator of the quality of the relationship in my opinion. Glad you got out of it :bigthumb:

19. ForgottenSpiral

Oh shit, D7 got an awesome score. :noes:

20. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

It's a validated questionnaire so the loading of this question on the "factor" it's supposed to represent is statistically sufficient, ie., people's responses are consistent with other items assessing the same scale. I think it loads on the avoidance scale (low avoidance) and not the anxiety scale. Your question could have been nice but I feel like it would have loaded on the anxiety scale instead.

21. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

Attachment Styles and Close Relationships

Thank you for completing the Close Relationships Questionnaire/Experiences in Close Relationships-Revised Questionnaire. This questionnaire is designed to measure your attachment style--the way you relate to others in the context of intimate relationships. As you might suspect, people differ greatly in the ways in which they approach close relationships. For example, some people are comfortable opening up to others emotionally, whereas others are reluctant to allow themselves to depend on others.

According to attachment theory and research, there are two fundamental ways in which people differ from one another in the way they think about relationships. First, some people are more anxious than others. People who are high in attachment-related anxiety tend to worry about whether their partners really love them and often fear rejection. People low on this dimension are much less worried about such matters. Second, some people are more avoidant that others. People who are high in attachment-related avoidance are less comfortable depending on others and opening up to others.

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 1.20, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.50, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

We have plotted your two scores in the two-dimensional space defined by attachment-related anxiety and avoidance. Your approximate position in this space is denoted by the blue dot. (Note: If you left any of the questions unanswered, then these scores will be inaccurate.)

22. D7

D7 OT Supporter

The biggest thing I have learned from my relationships with men is that if they want to be with another woman, they will be (and some did). So to worry and stress over it is ridiculous (I've also done plenty of it though). The only factor I can "control" are things like my feelings, outlook, attitude, etc. Keep in mind that "control" and "responding" are different though and so my interaction with my partner is response, not control.

23. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

I really think that mine is accurate. I am really secure with Shawn and my relationship. He is my best friend as well as my lover and we communicate very well and effectively. He is truly amazing and yeah.....:wiggle:

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

According to attachment theory and research, there are two fundamental ways in which people differ from one another in the way they think about relationships. First, some people are more anxious than others. People who are high in attachment-related anxiety tend to worry about whether their partners really love them and often fear rejection. People low on this dimension are much less worried about such matters. Second, some people are more avoidant that others. People who are high in attachment-related avoidance are less comfortable depending on others and opening up to others.

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.50, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.00, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

25. ForgottenSpiral

You could have been Colleen #3, but noooooooooooo you had to go and change your answer to question #1.