MMA ATT

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Gogoplata, May 14, 2009.

1. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Thought this was cool..

This might be a little long, but wanted to share with you guys for those that are interested...

Last night was a special night at the Headquarters in Coconut Creek, with quite a few high level promotions given out. There was a tremendous turn out from all the black belts and pro fighters along with several hundred students to witness this great occasion.

Master Liborio opened with a speech on what everything meant to him. How he started at the age of 9 yrs old and has continued on. How ATT is one big family to him, and the great level of support he was given during his personal health issues with his daughter that helped him through it all. Truly inspiring to hear.

Next up were the promotions with Paul Rodriguez and Charles McCarthy both promoted to the rank of Black Belt by Master Ricardo Liborio. Master Liborio gave them a very detailed test earlier in the day, lasting several hours to test their skill level and knowledge. Paul and Charles both did a super job and have put their time in and it showed. Paul is running a great program in Orlando and Charles continues to have success with his academy. Two very talented instructors that we are glad to have apart of the ATT family.

There were quite a few stripes added to Black Belts and here is a list...

Wilson Gouveia one stripe
    Juliana Borges one stripe
    Fabio Mello one stripe
    Nicolae Cury one stripe
    Luis "Buscape" Firmino two stripes
    Ben Guerriero two stripes
    Richie Guerriero three stripes
    After that we moved on to a very special tribute and prayer given by Master Francisco Pereira da Silva also known as Master Indio on the late great Carlson Gracie. Master Indio was an old time student of Carlson and it was important for everyone in attendance to understand what Carlson has meant to Master Indio, Liborio, and the rest of the people he has touched that were in attendance.
    Then Master Indio called Liborio front and center and bestowed on him a red and black belt along with a beautiful certificate from the federation recognizing his achievement. Upon receiving his new belt, Liborio received a rousing ovation from all in attendance. Then Liborio, promoted Conan with the same honor of a red and black belt.
    It was a great night to be at the academy with so many top level fighters and black belts in attendance for this special ceremony.
    Big Thanks to the following school owners, black belts, and fighters for showing up last night. Here is a partial list...Wilson Gouveia, Marcelo Garcia and Tatiana, Emyr "Shark" Bussade, Marcel Ferriera, Din Thomas, Danilo Villefort, Edson Diniz, Roger Krahl, Bob DeLuca, Rafael Dias, Rafael Rebello, Jorge Santiago, Antonio Silva "Pezao", Jeff Monson, Cole Miller, Mike Brown, Rey Duarte, Jonatas "Tagarella" Gurgel, Ben Guerriero, Fabio Mello, Juliana Borges, Buscape, Dan Cramer, Brad Pickett, Charlie Blanchard, Ben Saunders, Hector Lombard, Chris Manuel, and Todd Duffee.
    CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE ON THEIR PROMOTIONS!
    ATT FOR LIFE! OSU!!
    Videos and Pics coming....

2. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

Buscape trains at ATT? :cool:

3. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

very cool.

4. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

did they have a lunch buffet?

5. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

:rofl:

6. iCEgECKO

iCEgECKO Ballin' at 5'2''

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

RE: Black and Red Belt.

Heres some stuff I didnt know
    I always thought Red Belts where reserved for the Founders. But Im guessing the IBJJF wont promote anyone past 8th degree black?

8. Kuet

Kuet New Member

disappointing thread, considering its jeff's and the thread title. Was expecting much more.

9. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

You have no idea how absolutely furious I am that I had to miss this.

10. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

I bet man. That was some SERIOUS legendary stuff going on. There was something like 30 black belts..

I actually saw someone named Ben was promoted that night and at first I was like :eek4::eek3: and then there was no thread in here so I was all :wtc::wtc:..

That would have been awesome.. I think it's great when we have 3 black belts at our academy.. Having fucking 30+ and having world champions and legends would be unreal..

You're a lucky dude to be able to train there Ben. You should try to find a new job that fits a training schedule better and get serious about fighting again. You looked great when you were active a few years ago..

11. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

I've been pretty active in the gym just gotta get back to fight weight and its on.

I should be on the next streetwise event

12. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

:h5:

13. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

nicolae curry is off the chain. He has a bad ass ouchi mata. He subbed the shit out of my trainer.