ATT Scottwax, and other dallas peeps

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by misha, Dec 12, 2007.

1. misha

misha New Member

I need a good touchup guy. recomendations?

how is park place bodywerks?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I can do touch-ups. If you need an actual repaint, the only place I recommend in the Dallas area is Mister Collision.

www.mistercollision.com Absolutely first rate work.

3. misha

misha New Member

scott, so here's the deal. my rear door was hit agains a pole and a small chunk of paint came off on the edge of the door.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

excuse the shitty pics
    I'd like to get this fixed asap. i consider my car to be in pretty good condition (im sure you agree) so id like the repair to look as good as possible. unfortunatelly price is somewhat of an issue. if a complete repaint is $500 more than a touch up and will only look a little better, ill go with a touch up.

How well do you think a touch up will work? I've been in contact with tom from superiortouchup (http://www.superiortouchup.com)

he can come out tomorrow and do touchup for around $50. or he can repaint the area for around $250.

I know touching up is not your specialty, but if you think you can do as good a job as this guy claims(mixing paint to colormatch) i'd rather have you do it.

what is your recommendation for this situation?

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd really advise against getting an onsite repaint. Go with the touch up option. If you need it ASAP, go with the other guy, it would be next week at the earliest that I'd have time. I do have access for a couple more weeks to a huge touch-up kit.

5. misha

misha New Member

its grinding at me, so i want to do it as soon as i can. ill let him take care of it tom. if its absolutely horrible ill get a repaint.

do touchups come out ok if you know what youre doing? :hs:

6. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

since its right on the edge like that yes! you can hide it pretty good if your careful. i do a lot of door edges like thatand 95% of the time.. it turns out well unless you stick your face to it. the other 5%, it was a hard color to match.. but red is easy.

go to your local dealership or find a paint supply store and get yourself touchup in a bottle (tube with a pen at the end and brush). attempt it yourself very carefully and see if you like it.

7. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

You cant wait a few days for quality work? Thats a shitty way of doing things man.

8. misha

misha New Member

huh? if you read above you will see that i have a person who specializes in this coming today.

9. misha

misha New Member

i am not doing this myself. i know ill fuck up and make it look 10x worse. id rather pay the $50 and have a professional do it

10. misha

misha New Member

so the guy came out and did it, and i am completely unsatisfied. i think it looks horrible.

the color matches pretty well but the texture is bothering me. will sanding it a bit with a very fine sandpaper make it more uniform?