Att: Car Audio Install Peeps Lexus GS Install ??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by x000000x, Jan 19, 2005.

1. x000000x

x000000x OT Supporter

Im tryin to install an aftermarket deck in my 2gen Lexus GS w/ nakamichi. Which installation harness do I need to buy and what wires do I have to move around for the harness to work? Anything else that needs to be done for the amps n sub to work properly? All help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. btimp

btimp i am my other half

should be a nissan harness for what every year car you have, try a retail chain to get it. you should not have to move any pins around as far as i know. just tap into the new radio's amp turn on wire and hook up rca's. that should be all you have to do with the radio for the subs.

- btimp
    www.btimp.com

3. spooky

spooky OT Supporter

nissan? :ugh:

4. btimp

btimp i am my other half

isnt nissan the ones who make lexus? or is it toyota or someone else?

-btimp
    www.btimp.com

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  5. Ry4n

Ry4n OG Lurker

there's the correct answer.

nissan is to infiniti as toyota is to lexus as honda is to acura.

6. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

its a pain to deal with these major stock decks. if i remember correctly the Lexus's deck is built-in to the dashboard and you basically have to re-do most of the dash to get an aftermarket deck in there. I would go get it professionaly done if you don't feel to comfortable doing it. Shouldn't be more then $50. Also have them connect the RCA and remote turn on for the amp so all you got to do it hook up the amp and you are good to go. Although if they install the new deck all you got to do is use the tools that come with it to remove it for a sec and install the RCAs and amp remote turn on.

7. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

Factory amps never use RCAs... I'm pretty sure the Toyota amplified harness will not work in your car. You will probably have to run speaker wire from your new deck to the factory amp which is sometimes in the passenger kick panel or in the rear quarter panels of your truck. Another alternative is to run speaker wire directly to each speaker.

8. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

yeah unless you know exactly what you're doing, have it done professonally. I would have done it for $20/hour, but most car audio shops will charge $50-$60/hour and I assume its about 2 hours of work.

9. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

Toyota/Lexus amp bypasses are typically pretty easy because the output side of the amp uses the same colors for the speaker leads as the standard toyota harness. Most places will probably charge you a little over 120 or so for the install.