Atlas Shrugged

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by sillylilchelsea, Oct 1, 2008.

1. sillylilchelsea

sillylilchelsea New Member

Any news on the Atlas Shrugged movie? I heard Vladmir Perelman just quit as director and Brad Pitt won't be playing John Galt. Angelina Jolie is supposed to play Dagny Taggart. That's about all I found interesting in my research other than the production company keeps shifting as well.

[​IMG]

2. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

I had no idea they were adapting this into a movie.

I wish they would remake The Fountainhead. The old version of it was terrible.

3. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

:ugh: I don't know what over-ambitious production team had the bright idea to turn this into a movie.

Hollywood needs to learn that EVERY BOOK DOESN'T NEED A MOVIE ADAPTATION... most of all, a book that took me a month to read. There is NO way this could be made into a film without it's losing 75% of Rand's ideas, or 75% of the content in the medium translation, and her philosophical ideas make the book.

4. sillylilchelsea

Yeah the Fountainhead definately needs a remake. See the thing with making Rand's books into movies is she was really supportive of it. Ayn Rand worked in the film industry in her younger years. Atlas will be a huge project and I heard rumors first it was going to be a mini series. However, the book is written in parts it's possible they make a few films and not loose everything.

5. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I personally think a miniseries would fit Atlas Shrugged as a better medium than a film would... that goes for Fountainhead as well. Maybe something like Anthem would be easier to make into a standard Hollywood film

6. sillylilchelsea

Anthem just isn't as epic as Atlas or Fountainhead. I thought Anthem was well written and based on a great premise it just pales in comparrisson to her two giants, I'm not sure I could get as excited about an Anthem movie.

7. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

Actually, Anthem would make a very good film. It is much shorter and they could fit pretty much the entire book into the movie. Not a bad idea.

8. sillylilchelsea

Anthem's one of those books that did a plot that IMO has been done to death, and I doubt that few people would be interested in watching a movie when all the main character does is discover a new word. Atlas Shrugged= huge success simply because it is the second most read book to the Bible, regardless of if it sucks. Why would a studio produce something not a branded?

9. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

We The Living would be a much better film.

Atlas Shrugged has to be a mini-series. Anyone else imagine it being done in a 50's era style?

10. sillylilchelsea

I'm thinking more late 30's early 40's cuz that's when it was written but to be honest I'd be happy with anything. I agree about We The Living, still want to see Atlas adapted though.