ATI 9700 aiw issue...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MacandCheese, Mar 7, 2004.

1. MacandCheese

MacandCheese Mmm Mmmm Goood ;)

Hey guys,

I'm having an odd problem. I'm trying to capture video to the computer through my ati aiw9700 pro. I get audio, but i no video. When i let ati's tv program do an autoscan, it detects all the channels that are "live." I get audio from all of them, but no video. I get the same results in any video editing program i use to capture video; audio but no video. :wtc: Also, i tried the composite connections (using rca cables) and again, i only captured audio. Atleast we can rule out the tv tuner on the card itself as being bad. This is what i have done to try to correct this:

Updated all drivers
    Updated directx
    Ran ati's diag. tool which said everything was fine, including the capture device
    Ran dxdiag (directx)
    Installed newest version of quicktime (read on ati's site that qt 6.0 caused some probs)
    Installed newest version of all ati software that goes along with this card
    Ran a new coaxial cable from vcr to computer
    Checked different coaxial connections to make sure everything was ok
    Searched ati's website and google with very little help on this issue

After all of that, i uninstalled everything, video-wise, and re-installed it. Still the same problem.

My system:

p4 2.66ghz
    512meg ram
    win2k sp4
    flat screen lcd w/ dvi connections

The last time i was able to capture video was 2 months ago when i DIDN'T have my lcd screen. I doubt this could be the problem, but i figured i would list it here anyways.

Anything else you guys can think of that i could try? Thanks so much for any and all help! :cool:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2004
  2. MacandCheese

3. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

The AIW has multiple inputs. If you are using Coax, then no audio cables are required, make sure there are none hooked up, if you get only audio with only the coax hooked up, sounds like a defective card to me. But, if you are using RCA or S-Video and you have the audio cables hooked up and get only audio, check your input, you can change this on the TV window, switch thorugh the different inputs and see what's up.

4. MacandCheese

Yeah, i tried all of that. Even with composite inputs, all i hear is audio from it.

ATI's tv program see's all the channels that are there also, which is so weird. Oye...