MIL Ate Up

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Morton, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Morton

Morton New Member

I just got back form playing OpFor for a Reserve Engineering Company. Me and 16 others from my ROTC Btn. went down to a nearby fort at the request of the Company's CO to paly OpFor, and we destroyed them.

First off, there was a convoy from their motor pool to the bivowac site. We broke up into two groups to set up two ambushes. As they drove by my ambush site, they ran over an IED and a mine that were not concealed at all. The lead element tried to call indirect fire on one of us we had acting as an unarmed wounded civilian from about 100 meters up the road.

The rest of daylight, we spent recon-ing their security. At stand down, we were supposed to raid their defenses, but not penitrate. As we were firing on them, one of them stood up, and started to try and find us with his white flashlight. If there wasn't a bush in between us, I would have gotten about 10 paintballs on him.

At standto in the morning we were set loose and told to reak havoc. the 17 of us attacked about 180 degrees of their security and about 10 of us were able to penetrate their defenses and told to go back out by the observers. One of us was able to go through the front gate, make it across the site, and was within two feet of the command tent before the CO saftey killed him. Two of our guys ran out of paintballs and decided to surrender. They put their hands up and approached one of the hasty v's. They were never challenged, they walked right past the security with paintball guns in hand.

At the AAR, the CO told us that we were now part of the family, I don't know if I want to be.

2. gookarachie

gookarachie New Member

So your in ROTC and wooped up on people who were suppose to know what they were doing. That is some funny shit. I hope they got their asses chewed for that one.

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

:werd:

4. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Sounds fun.

5. i_is_surf

i_is_surf New Member

I don't know if you've been OPFOR before; but OPFOR always wins. They always have superior firepower, training, and the ability to break/bend the rules whenever they want to..

Key point is the last one. . .The only person that fights fair is the loser. . .

6. Ranger-AO

I have a brother in law that used to be in OPFOR at Ft. Irwin. He enjoyed the hell out of it. :mamoru:

7. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

:reserves:

8. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

:ugh: FT Irwin. I've been there twice in two years. Never ever ever ever want to go back. Fuck the Mojave desert.

9. Ranger-AO

I just went to his website. He has a reply to a buddy where he says "All I can say is that the Hohenfels snow, mud, and ice in the winters are absolutely brutal. I'd take the daytime heat and nighttime cold of Ft. Irwin any day."

On a side note: he was my Army son's first taste of the Army. For John's birthday (can't remember which one - probably 14th or 15th) I flew him out to Ft. Irwin to spend a week with his uncle on OPFOR manuevers. He almost cracked a rib going cross country standing in the TC's hatch on an Abrams. The trip made a strong impression on John, and was one of the reasons he went into the Army, and chose a Combat Arms MOS. :hsd:

10. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

fucking :werd: Fuck Irwin. Fuck NTC.

11. Ranger-AO

It's different for the guys assigned to NTC.

12. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

I knew a guy that got sent to Irwin. He actually showed up to meet us the 2nd time I went to NTC. He actually likes it. The thing that he hates about Irwin is that its in the middle of nowhere...oops wait...Barstow (2 Fast 2 Furious), and its 2-3 hours away from Vegas. :hsd:

13. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

do you all use paintballs in most training scenarios?

why no MILES gear:dunno:

14. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

WTF? No Miles gear? I've used my miles everytime I've ever had a field problem. Paintballs? :wtf:

15. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Simunition > Miles