SRS at what point do you just stop caring....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sarge21, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

....and just give up???

At what point do the stresses become to much to handle and you just say "fuck it" and throw in the towel.

The past 5 years of my life have been nothing but a constant battle to try to succeed, but i jsut keep sliding farther down the hill towards failure.

I have done everything scociety says i should to be "successful" and i have done them well.

So why is my life situation horrible and appear to be destined for failure?

:wtc::wtc:

2. shiba kesaigi!

shiba kesaigi! New Member

Dude, i perfectly understand your situation. The time you don't care anymore is the time you become successful.
    Don't push too hard. 5 years isnt that a long time. Take your time, and discover new chances. Sometimes, a "bad choice" doesn't lead to failure. Trust yourself and you will eventually become successful.

3. RichieZero

RichieZero All I got in this world, is my balls, and my word. OT Supporter

Man, FUCK society. It sounds like you've been doing everything to meet other's standards, but you've failed to meet your own. zaqweewqaz has it right, making a bad choice doesn't mean you're doomed. More often than not, making the bad choice means you learn more than if you made the right choice.

4. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

IT has been said here before, but you have to do things on your own terms. Success is not acheived through certain formulas. Things can still fail to go according to plan , exactly as people think they will. Five years is a long time to be going down a slippery slope, but remember that as long as you have time, you have opportunity to work to fix what is wrong, improve what can be better, and make positive changes in your life

There are people who WILL fail in life. I am not going to lie to you and say that you will NOT be one of them, but the key is to do your best to reverse what could be your own negative thoughts blocking out those who can support you or things you can emply to help you through your trials.

I'm going through the same thing. You just have to keep on trying. I know that sounds like it won't lead to anything , but trust me, you will eventually see some results. It might not be what you want or last very long, but the fact that you can see A result is evidence that you can see many more, if you just keep pushing

5. I agree. sometimes when you stop trying and just be yourself, you will get more respect from the people around you.
    if you don't think you are good enough, then who will?
    you should do what makes you happy, without hurting other people of course. trying to be someone you are not will only make you look desperate and foolish.

6. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Easy for me to say because I'm not in your shoes. But we all have failed.

You have 2 options...

Admit defeat. Never try again. OK....you won't dig a deeper hole for yourself. BUT you never open yourself up to the possibility of success ever again in your life.

OR, look at each failure as training for the *inevitable* success you're going to have coming ahead. If you look at it that way, it's not so bad.

Whether you dug yourself into a financial hole, or you failed in a relationship....you can sulk. Or see it like you spent that money to learn from a mistake on purpose / you spent some time with this relationship so I know what to do when I finally meet my real SO.

I think it was Walmart as a case study I had read about....he failed his business 8 times before finally making it the success it was. Damn! That's conviction. Perserverance. :bowdown:

7. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Sage21, tell us the story...What do you want and what has kept you from it.