SRS at what point do you just give up?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Zimmy76, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Zimmy76

Zimmy76 I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic

I'm just ranting, but at what point do you just tell yourself "hey my life sucks and I might as well accept it". It seems like my life will never get better, and I'm destined to have a shit life no matter how hard I try to change that.

The last couple years I've been trying to get into the plumbers union with no luck, I went to school for carpentry in chillicothe, I come back to kansas city and can't even find a construction job that pays more then 8 an hour. So I ended up getting back into security which I didn't want to do. I'm flipping a house with a couple friends and I already know I'm not going to get any money from the house.* I guess I should explain why, since I don't have any money I wasn't able to invest any money into the house we're flipping so I'm probably looking at 10% of the total profit while the other two guys get the other 90%. Whatever money I do get, I've pretty much been told I need to reinvest that into the next house or I won't be included.

I'm 30K in debt with nothing to show for it, about 17K of that is to my mom. I borrowed money when I went to school in chillicothe, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to go back to school. I barely make 10 bucks an hour at my current job and I struggle just to pay all my bills, and actually I don't pay all of them. I have 3 outstanding debts not counting my mom that I haven't made a payment on in at least 3-5 months. My bank account is neg. 600 dollars right now.

I've thought about getting a second job, but then it would feel like I have 3 jobs. Betweem my full-time job, the house were flipping, I'm already working 60-70 hours a week, I picked up an odd job just to make a couple extra bucks and I can tell the other guys I'm working with on the house are getting upset with me because I'm not at the house every day.

And if things couldn't get worse my car has 187K miles on it, and I think the trasmission is starting to go, but I don't have any money to get a new car/truck.

I really just don't know what else I can do. At times I just wished I was dead, although I don't think I could ever kill myself. I just leave work it feels like I'm spinning my wheels in mud, I don't ever get anywhere with my debt. It now seems like most of the time all I want to do is drink to forget about how much my life sucks.

I'm just tired of living.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  2. keleko

keleko yes, he is

if by tuesday i don't have an offer letter for a job, i am putting *everythng* i own on craigslist, with the exception of one or two hard drives with my data

clothes, forks, unused rolls of toilet paper, pc parts, car, bike, etc etc etc

i'm done, i have nothing left for money and no specific prospects, and nothing coming in

3. keleko

keleko yes, he is

oh yeah, and at least you have something to DO

i get to just sit here and wait for shit to happen and the gears to turn
    i can't force someone to get back to me sooner about interviews or for them to hire me

4. Zimmy76

Zimmy76 I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic

I've already put quite a few things on craigslist, with no real luck

5. Roddy

Roddy Guest

I'm nearly at that point now.

I still live at home with the parents

I have just started up my own business service

I quit my job i'd had for nearly 10 years one day without notice

The business isn't really picking up..

I feel like I have ZERO independence.. and its fucking shitting me off

I always get in these dark depressed moods..

And i agree with you.. sometimes I wish I was just dead - but i'd never actually want to kill myself.. If an asteroid hit the earth and demolished it, or an airplane smashed into my room (scene from Donnie Darko) .. I think i'd have a smile on my face

6. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

The trick is, you accept it, but you dont give up.

The step after acceptance is to divide and conquer. Work on one thing at a time, and keep working on it until it's 'better'. Obviously, pick the easier ones first. A general overall goal is good, so you can work it so your solutions for one small thing works towards the whole. (ie) if you're wanting to go back to school, dont solve the 'i hate where i live' thing by moving somewhere expensive)

7. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

with regards to your bills, post your income and expenses here, along with details of where you work, how you get to work, etc and we'll see if we cant give you some non-nebulous advice ;)

finances are always the most important thing to fix, and once you arent under a crushing load, you'll feel much better

8. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

Maybe you can pay off your debt to your mom by using your skills for her. Start thinking a little outside the box and perhaps by fixing her a new cabinet or something she could take off 1k..catch my drift?

And for the entrepreneur out there look into municipal and federal grants from the government. They have a lot of great subsidies esp. for younger people which might help out alot.

Keep your heads up guys, at least you are trying to do what you love and there are not alot of people in this world who can say that.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Realestate is down don't go into the next project because it is not even worth the headache. Not sure if you said if you live on your own or not but if you do maybe move back in for a little bit and pay off your mom.

10. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Real Estate is dropping in demand, but that demand is still high. However, in your situation, it looks like if you can't give the project 100%, you should drop out of it. What kind of benefit are you going to get out of it? Once you're financially stable, you should look back into. Until then, I think you should drop that project. This will give you a good amount of spare time to either find a new primary job, or another secondary job to work.

As unorthadox (ironic...) said, be creative with your mother. Use your skills to help her and she should be able to drop some of your payments and see that you're trying to change.

Your bouncer job is a dead-end job. It's really not going to go anywhere so it's not going to help you. Even though the construction job is 8/h, it's more experience for you. Don't just look at the overall cash to pick your job. Construction is hard manual labor, and you need all that you can show for your skills. The experience is more important than the money, even in your situation.

11. BradUF

BradUF Guest

8 an hour and you have an education in the field. I am almost sure here they pay atleast 12 and up.

12. I_Will_Call_You_A_Faggot

I_Will_Call_You_A_Faggot Active Member

money is not a good enough reason to be down....
    take it from me...im broke all the time but fuck man..we only live once bro..
    your on this planet for a reason. to keep breathing. to keep fighting. dont set your goals so high right now. make a plan and stick to it. ask for help. get 2 or 3 jobs...it might be tough but you will look back when your succesful and say" i fucking did it !!".