AT&T Sucks!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TinkerBell, Aug 19, 2004.

1. TinkerBell

TinkerBell Guest

I have a Panasonic phone that I've been having problems with for about a year. I've had it for a year and a half. At first, it just didnt stay charged for nearly as long as it was supposed to. So I took it to the AT&T store and they basically told me there was nothing they could do because they don't make this phone any more. IThis was despite the warranty on the phone. I tried a few more times and nothing. Now, my phone barely stays charged for a day, hangs up on people, and turns off randomly. So I called customer service. Now they cant do anything because its been more than a year, so my warranty is over. So, when I have a warranty, they wont do anything because they dont make my phone anymore. And finally, when the warranty is over, they want to make me buy a new phone...I do get a discount on that(if i sign a new contract). And the discount SUCKS!!! New customers get a better one!

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

new customers and existing customers that renew have the same exact price for phones. at&t doesnt suck b/c your phone broke, panasonic does. at&t has nothing to do with the warranty. thats a phone manufactuer warranty.

4. maczter

:werd:

(no affiliation with at&t other than being a happy...and reasonable...customer for the past 8 years.)

5. TinkerBell

TinkerBell Guest

new customers get the phone free, I have to pay $50. And the way it was setup in the beginning, at&t was supposed to replace my phone anytime during the first year if something was wrong with it. Well, either replace or repair.

6. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

what phone are you talking about?

during that year did you file a legit claim through warranty exchange

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  7. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

Your problem lays in the phone that you selected in the first place. If you had any problems, should've swapped it out for something else and you wouldn't have had the latter problems.

8. Bryansix

Bryansix Guest

No ATT sucks. The store should have handled the warranty problem with the phone in the first place. And under the law, you can still have your phone replaced for free since you brought it to thier attention before the warranty ran out. If they refuse to do this, file a complaint at the Better Business Bureau... www.bbb.org

9. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

I agree that at&t sucks and yes, they should've switched out the phone. Did you suggest swapping out phones in the beginning? You need to also bring up the issue with the FCC and put in a complaint on AT&T wireless/docomo, whatever that company will be called. They handle a lot of complaints as well.

10. maczter

not that i care either way (just a customer, not an employee), but some problems I see...

aside from the inaccuracy of saying new customers get a better deal, it was a mistake to continue to go to the AT&T store asking for replacement. though there are some people at the stores that will go the extra mile, it's my understanding that all customer service issues are supposed to be directed to (surprise) the Customer Service department. It never hurts to ask the store, but if they can't help, call Customer Service then, not months later. That's where you screwed up and why they are really not at fault because you procrastinated too long at directing your issues to the appropriate department.

I had a phone that had an LCD display go out on me after I'd had it for 9 months or so. I called Customer Service, told them the problem, they verified the purchase date to make sure it was still in warranty and had a replacement phone shipped the next day along with a return fed-ex label. You just have to talk to someone who can actually help you and in the amount of time specified in the warranty.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  11. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

thats just not how at&t handles their warranty issues that are past 30 days. a phone would have been mailed to you over night if you just would have been proactive and called an 800 number. you cant really complain that you didnt get your phone replaced b/c you didnt take the proper recourse

12. Slowmo

Slowmo New Member

AT&T > > > > > > > * > > Sprint

13. deadshot13

deadshot13 New Member

Speaking from experience. Most cell phone providers warranty their phones for 1 year. In order to take advantage of the warranty you have to call the 800 customer service number. They can verify when you purchased the phone or even when the phone was manufactured by the manufacturers serial number on the back of the phone. The retail stores are there to sell phones to new and existing customers. They can only exchange a phone at the store level only if you bought it from an actual company store not a reseller within 30 days.

14. skooter

skooter Guest

I have never talked to anyone who has ever had good service/reception/phone or customer service from AT&T. Sprint is far superior in reception/voice quality/phones especially and features, I would love to see AT&T try to put a ready link type system on their network, it would break down in a minute.

15. maczter

It's also a good idea to put a sticker on your battery or somewhere hidden that has the purchase date written on it. My T616 recently crapped out on me and I waited until this past Saturday to go in and check on new phones. Turns out my phone was out of warranty two days before I came in. :-\

I was planning on sending it off to get the firmware upgraded and it would have been $40 and I got a new T637 for only $79 after a nice rebate, so it only cost me $40 extra and I've got upgraded firmware, a better screen and a new phone with a new warranty now, so wasn't too big of a deal, but I'll definitely be tagging it with the purchase date so that doesn't happen again.

16. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

you mean push to talk? we've got it, its just not available for consumer use yet.

17. skooter

skooter Guest

LOL.. Vaporware... :mamoru:

18. maczter

or perhaps business customer only ware?

19. TravenAngel

TravenAngel Guest

I have not heard one good thing about AT&T. From people i know. I have US Cellular, and they have helped me on more occasions, simply by going to the store, they have taken care of any complaints (which have been few), I did not have to call customer service. THEY did.
    I feel badly for any AT&T costumers.

20. maczter

i have been with AT&T for going on nine years with no problems that were not resolved to my satisaction.