AT&T Pissed Me Off... Think I'm Going to Verizon

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TALLandNcharge, Apr 19, 2008.

1. TALLandNcharge

TALLandNcharge New Member

I have an iPhone and AT&T has official pissed me off. I don't want to go into details but I think I'm going to cancel my contract and go to Verizon. What is a good phone Verizon has out now? Not neccessarily a smartphone, just a cellphone.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

3. Joesbe

Joesbe Every man dies, but not every man really lives. OT Supporter

AT&T coupled with the iphone is an atrocious setup. I have been pissed from day 1. I thought nextel was bad but AT&T horrible.

4. ///M

///M New Member

I'd be mad pissed if I were like the millions of iPhone users out there on AT&T using it with stock applications and whatever else it comes with stock. If jailbreaking and the whole dev community for the iPhone didn't exist, I probably wouldn't have one :o

And fuck AT&T's outrageous prices, Sprint and T-Mo ftw :bowdown:

5. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

Verizon isn't really an upgrade. You can't really take your sim card and transfer it from phone to phone...because you don't get a sim card with Verizon.

6. Frazz

Frazz New Member

cant really say i know what service is good in TX but in Cleveland/Pitts att was a step up from verizon...

7. scotty

scotty why don't you take a seat right over there? OT Supporter

Verizon - not a smart phone- go with the new chocolate.

8. mojito

mojito New Member

and how did they piss you off?

9. wizziebaldwin

wizziebaldwin New Member

some comments...
    I live in the country ... was a Cingular customer for 3.5 years ... they kicked me to the curb cause i was in the 1% of people that roamed more than 50% of the time. The tower closest to me was Dobbson. Dobbson is now AT&T ... freaking bastards.

Have sprint now and can't copy ringtones from my PC to the phone like i could with Cingular.

Saw a laptop at the CTIA show in Vegas at the Sprint WiMax booth;
    http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
    8192 kbps download. Very impressive. Deployed first in Washington/Baltimore area, then Chicago, Dallas Ft. Worth and then ... i dunno.

A keyboard salesman showed me his iphone and i have to say it was pretty impressive at least for the 10 minutes he showed me stuff.

10. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

so... i'm actually an AT&T employee. Well, I will be until May 3rd at least, that's my last day because I'm quitting. When it was still Cingular I loved my job, I felt good about the way the company treated us, and our customers... ever since the buyout I have been more and more appalled by this company and I had to finally get out. So appalled in fact that I have sworn to never carry another ATT service for as long as I can possibly help it. I've switched my phones over to Verizon and I'll be using cable internet here in the next month or so.

Trust me when I say you aren't the only pissed off customer, and I'm not the only pissed off employee... since January, 60% of our staff has quit including 3 people have have been with the company 5+ years, and 3 more that have been here at least a year.

11. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

in my area i have better reception with less dropped calls than i did with sprint or tmobile, i haven't had verizon service but after a year with at&t i gotta say it's much better service in my area at least than sprint or tmobile
    sprint i had calls dropping constantly
    tmobile i had shit reception at my house for some reason, a 1/2 block away was fine but it was as if my block was a black hole for tmobile
    at&t, well i never really seem to drop a call, so far so good

12. sorryforya

sorryforya New Member

You could always unlock the iphone to work for T-Mobile?