AT&T GSM Service??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by StarBai, May 28, 2003.

1. StarBai

StarBai Mahmoud Ahmadinejad can suck my left f'ing nut. OT Supporter

Pros And Cons? Anyone have it??? Any/All info greatly apprecaited; I'm considering switching from my regualr AT&T plan (non GSM), I've got a 1.2 year contract left so I have to stick with AT&T.

2. Phil02E46

Phil02E46 mystash.org

if you live in the middle of no where dont do it, other wise i have had no problems with it :dunno:

3. kpxgq

kpxgq Guest

i got it recently..... the sound quality is exceptional.. but coverage is spotty

i live like 3 blocks from UT Austin campus in downtown Austin... and i walk to school.... I will have full reception one second, walk like 10 steps and lose all reception... then another 20 steps and its there again... WTF.. most of the time its good though.. im thinking that its because GSM is stil fairly new and isnt fully implemented yet

4. 90Supra

90Supra Guest

GSM covers 90% of Canada and around 85% if the United States I believe.

It offers clearer sounds and an extended call area, the phones work on 1 watt instead of the usual .6 for digital and analog.

Data transfer speeds are faster than digital as well.

You can get tri band phones that will work in North America as well as Europe if you do alot traveling...

I used to try to sell this network so I know a little about it..feel free to ask.

5. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

You should ask for opinions on Howardforums.com's AT&T forum regarding your specific area. I just migrated on Saturday in NYC and so far is hasn't been that bad.